• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Noticed my Lightning accelerates differently....

troon002

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
In my unscientific opinion...Tires aren't new anymore either (brand new dress shoes tend to be extra squeaky on hardwood floors/tile for example), along with different road/asphalt temperatures, so these could all be factors.
Sponsored

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
That could be due to tuning. Tire squeaks doesn't always equal power and speed though. I could make my 90hp Miata chirp all day long...it still did 0-60 in roughly 14 seconds.

Ford very well may have smoothed out the power and traction variables, which actually help with safety as well as acceleration.
If they tuned it, it would be a little slower. I personally think it shouldn’t let the tires loose in normal with traction control on, as a matter of taste.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
If they tuned it, it would be a little slower. I personally think it shouldn’t let the tires loose in normal with traction control on, as a matter of taste.
The chirp is a loss of traction, so you can make it faster be eliminating the chirp without nerfing it.

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Not really. Often used normal but tried on both normal and sport and same results.
i've noticed the same. something is definitely different.

I assumed it was weather related. A cold battery is less efficient, and is capable of dumping less power at 'full on' to the motors than a warm battery.

in july I could squeal my tires if I punched it at 40MPG. I can't even get them to squeal off the line in March.

OP
OP
playjack

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
i've noticed the same. something is definitely different.

I assumed it was weather related. A cold battery is less efficient, and is capable of dumping less power at 'full on' to the motors than a warm battery.

in july I could squeal my tires if I punched it at 40MPG. I can't even get them to squeal off the line in March.
I am almost certain that something is now different than before. It was colder back in December here in greater Vancouver and my battery’s 100%power output and truck can pull like there’s no tomorrow.
Would be nice if Ford is open about it.

Sponsored

jmb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Lariat ER
I am almost certain that something is now different than before. It was colder back in December here in greater Vancouver and my battery’s 100%power output and truck can pull like there’s no tomorrow.
I agree, I noticed my sport mode seems to have less punch off the line. I need to go time some 0-60 or something to test.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The Lightning really doesn't pull power in the cold, especially if you have been plugged in beforehand.

My guess - you are more used to the power now so it doesn't hit as hard. It sucks but it happens. I have had it happen with a ~700HP Shelby GT500. Thing felt darn slow after awhile - until I drove another car!

For the tires - they are broken in now and the pavement is warmer. That means more traction and less spinning. I bet if you measured your acceleration time it is actually faster now than it was.

OP
OP
playjack

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
The Lightning really doesn't pull power in the cold, especially if you have been plugged in beforehand.

My guess - you are more used to the power now so it doesn't hit as hard. It sucks but it happens. I have had it happen with a ~700HP Shelby GT500. Thing felt darn slow after awhile - until I drove another car!

For the tires - they are broken in now and the pavement is warmer. That means more traction and less spinning. I bet if you measured your acceleration time it is actually faster now than it was.
Hmmm, so far this is IMO the best reason that I may be just imagining. Maybe I should try a different Lightning...LOL
Sponsored