• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does your Lightning get noticed more now than when you first got it?

Does your Lightning get noticed more now than when you first got it?

• Total voters

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I've had my Lightning for 8+ months. I've had more people notice my Lightning and ask questions about it in the past two months than the first six months. I live in somewhat rural Oklahoma and it is the first one anyone has seen. I think maybe more folks are aware Ford has an electric truck now than last summer.
What is your experience?
Ford F-150 Lightning Does your Lightning get noticed more now than when you first got it? 1682971279084
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I've been noticed twice within the first week or so and nothing since. No one has approached me except at a DCFC.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The only interest I seem to get is when I open the Frunk at the store to put stuff in it. People are amazed it has no engine but not many people seem to know what a Lightning is.
When you open the frunk in public, you will get swarmed. Otherwise, it flies under the radar.
Exactly my experience.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Even loading stuff in the Frunk really doesn't get me much attention here in the FL Panhandle. I've had other EV enthusiasts ask, including a reservation holder. I definitely got a lot more looks DC Fast Charging right next to a busy parking lot in Alabama. People were very surprised. But for the most part, nobody really approaches me to ask, which is great because I am very, very introverted and when I'm outside work I prefer silence (hence buying an EV truck).

I like how low key it is.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I still get a lot of double takes, this morning I popped the Frunk to load groceries and it surprised another shopper as she was returning to her car, struck up a 30 second conversation in passing about the feature.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
There are so many lightnings near me that I can say with complete certainty that my truck does not feel special and that’s ok . In retrospect I should have picked a different color because everyone who lives near me also thought that carbonized grey was the way to go. I wanted the monochromatic look to match the wheels but it appears that everyone else was thinking the same thing .

That being said , I now have many customers ( I park my truck at my business) ask me about it now and I’d definitely attribute that to morepublic knowledge . I think it’s great though that many ICE f-150 owners now tell me they want one after I explain I absolutely love my truck, it’s not good for towing long distance, and if you get one you will likely charge at home because the charging infrastructure is terrible.

if you want to get noticed buy a Rivian . If you want a real truck that does truck things and blends in at the job site then get a lightning .

I have to say , I do love being an evangelist for this truck though because to me it’s perfect and I hope I can convince others its likely perfect for them too .

Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
It’s definitely the Frunk that causes people to start asking questions. We have seen engines in that space for so long it causes your brain to pause and reset.

At least that has been my experience in last couple of weeks since buying my Lightning.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I get noticed a lot more now that I have my graphics on!

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I get the usual attention at stores when I pop the Frunk. I work on an AFB and I've had a bunch of the SF guys that work the gate ask me about it as 30 cars are sitting behind me. One of them requested a ride when he was off duty so he could decide whether to keep his Tesla or buy a Lightning. This past weekend I had a Dad at my son's baseball game grill me for 20 minutes about it because he was looking to get rid of his Ram.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Nobody notices my Lightning, and I'm ok with that. My wife gets people asking about her Mach-E all the time and hates the attention.

Bugs

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning
Occupation
Technology
Honestly people notice it when the Frunk is open like most people are saying. I've had a couple say its so quiet for a truck but mostly it goes un-noticed by the general public...

OP
OP
p52Ranch

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I think the noticing of the frunk depends on how busy other people are around you.

Whenever I've picked up / dropped off folks at the airport and used the frunk, nobody around the Lightning ever took notice. I think at a place like the airport, folks are solely focused on their own tasks.

Other than the airport with passengers, I rarely use the frunk. When it's just me or the two of us, we use the back of the cabin for things that could go in the frunk.
Sponsored