• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OEM Overhead 6 Accessory Switch additions?

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
Has anyone seen or tried to upgrade with this OEM Overhead 6 Accessory Switch option? Either on the Lightning or any other standard F150? Here is a link to the part for the 6 accessory switch, but I could not find the housing(s). The overhead housing in my truck does not have the cutout for these switches, so I would need to also find the alternate housing to order. I'm not sure what sort of plugs nor how they are intended to be wired.

6 Accessory switch!?
* $123 https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/switches/switch-13887253-1
** Related housing 519A70A versus default without cutout for above switched 519A70B

I've seen fun stickers you can order to put on switches like this, such as nuclear or ejector seats... ;)

Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Overhead 6 Accessory Switch additions? Screenshot 2023-02-07 170749-6_Accessory_Switch_2
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I think someone has noted retrofitting the Raptor switches. If you aren't aware of them, check out the Raptor.

OP
OP
Dolio

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
Reactions: GDN

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
I did it to my 19 F150. Really liked it because it was clean install. I bought the upfitter console and under hood box from ford. Got the wiring harnesses from a guy that makes them just like OEM. Those component won’t work for the lightning though. I set mine up to run front and rear lights on via the switch or via a relay when highs or reverse went on they would automatically activate I could also deactivate that feature via another switch. Also had a flashing beacon so I could drive around on airports.

The switches you show won’t work without something to put them in (the console) and are only switches so you must have all the relays for the power. For the lightning I plan on building one but will just use a small pelican box under the hood with a main fuse and all the components. They have some pretty nice lighted switches that are way cheaper and can be mounted to a braket In the center console.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dolio

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
Thanks for sharing your first hand experience in your 2019. Ya, I found the oem part interesting because it would be a super clean factory looking install. Haven't decided if/why/what I might want to use it for yet though. I like the idea of keeping the truck mostly stock, for now, but also enjoy exploring potential projects as well.

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
@Dolio Any chance the upfitter switches ended up as one of the projects you decided to tackle?

OP
OP
Dolio

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
@Dolio Any chance the upfitter switches ended up as one of the projects you decided to tackle?
Nope, not yet... But it's still on my wish list, once the need for some powered accessories arises. I haven't even pulled the housing off to check for existing wires, I'm assuming there are none. The first time I do add an accessory up near the mirror I'll probably pull a bundle down to somewhere more convenient for future use.

Closest I got was tapping into one constant and one accessory switched unused fuse slots using those simple "add a fuse" thingees, and stringing them back to the rear seat area. One always on circuit powers a 12v lighter plus four usb power ports accessories, which powers four battery Ring cameras... The other switched accessory circuit powers a Blue Tooth FM Transmitter that a spare cell phone (occasional uber/lyft) is paired to with an android script to turn on and off it's hot spot, which has the same SSID as the truck (because the ATT Cell in truck is better than the cell phone which has a data quota, but still want the same WiFi for the Ring when the truck is off).

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
I emailed Boosted Grey Goose Designs to see if they had plans to make a harness for lightnings and will share the info when I hear back. I would like to power and onboard air compressor and some other TBD lighting but like you want switching to integrate without standing out... if this doesn't pan out I might look into a sPOD style aftermarket system.

Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
One always on circuit powers a 12v lighter plus four usb power ports accessories, which powers four battery Ring cameras...
No issues with accessory drain warnings from having the cameras hooked up at all times?

On the note of upfitter switches, not sure how much people care, but Ford have a document that talks about the Lightning and it's power reserve for accessories. The Pro (55A) and XLT (30A) have some , Lariat and Platinum got nothing. Granted, no one cares about a 3w camera, but think winches, led bars, etc. so if you have "everything" (heated seats, etc.) turn on and then and then add your 30A LED bar or two, you might end up in a situation where you "fry" the DC/DC converter (aka your "generator") - I'm sure / hope it has some kind of protection, but I bet the truck won't be happy.

Page 15
https://madocumentupload.marketinga...3cb864cee801e2921a0f1c353ace88964c22&v5=False

or google it if you think the link seems weird
https://www.google.com/search?q="Body+Builders+Layout+Book"+f150+"lightning"+filetype:pdf

The same company has a gazillion documents for Ford, so I guess they're the ones who actually produces/distributes the documents, but that's just a guess, so click away by your own choice ;)
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:https://madocumentupload.marketingassociates.com+ford

OP
OP
Dolio

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
No issues with accessory drain warnings from having the cameras hooked up at all times?

On the note of upfitter switches, not sure how much people care, but Ford have a document that talks about the Lightning and it's power reserve for accessories. The Pro (55A) and XLT (30A) have some , Lariat and Platinum got nothing. Granted, no one cares about a 3w camera, but think winches, led bars, etc. so if you have "everything" (heated seats, etc.) turn on and then and then add your 30A LED bar or two, you might end up in a situation where you "fry" the DC/DC converter (aka your "generator") - I'm sure / hope it has some kind of protection, but I bet the truck won't be happy.
Per https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...wer-and-ground-points.7461/page-3#post-311237

Referencing the police upfitters info, the Lightning has a 12v BMS that ensures that the DC-DC is enabled whenever the 12v gets low... And I do periodically get the in-app and in-truck notifications that there is an accessory drain (which can be ignored if the owner is aware of a continuous drain accessory, which I am)...

As for the onboard DC-DC Power levels... I don't know off the top of my head, but as I recall it is fairly robust, I believe it is roughly twice the size needed for all the OEM 12v accessories... And with the 12v system, the PbA (Lead-Acid) battery is still there to dish out any over current demanding accessories, like a large winch. I do not think you would "Fry" the DC-DC if you had too many accessories because it will have it's own input fuses, and other safety limits to protect itself. I think you would just end up flattening the 12v battery and eventually the whole thing would likely shutdown.

Frankly... The ProPower has nearly 10kVA of AC power... so... ;) I've used it to charge three other BEVs simultaneously, one at level2 and two at level1 and still has a few kW available...

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Referencing the police upfitters info, the Lightning has a 12v BMS that ensures that the DC-DC is enabled whenever the 12v gets low... And I do periodically get the in-app and in-truck notifications that there is an accessory drain (which can be ignored if the owner is aware of a continuous drain accessory, which I am)...

As for the onboard DC-DC Power levels... I don't know off the top of my head, but as I recall it is fairly robust, I believe it is roughly twice the size needed ....

The ProPower has nearly 10kVA of AC power... so... ;) I've used it to charge three other BEVs simultaneously, one at level2 and two at level1 and still has a few kW available...

Alrighty then, glad you have things figured out (y)
Sponsored