• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Open Tailgate Manually?

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
This is interesting as I don't think mine has ever failed to close. I don't truly use it often, once every couple of weeks, but it doesn't fail. No tonneau cover or anything like that on mine?
I don't have a cover or any mods either. I should probably take it in, but it's not worth spending the time on a trip to the dealer just for that, and I haven't had any other need to bring the truck in for anything.

I just had a situation the other day though where I had some wheels I was hauling, and I grabbed my key and two wheels just right so I could hit the button and close the tailgate without putting a wheel down. Thought I finally found a good use for the thing.... Three times in a row it got almost all the way closed, then beeped three times and re-opened. There was another guy with an older F-150 parked right next to me asking me about how I liked the Lightning while I was watching slow motion tailgate fail and swearing at it.
Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I found that if the truck was locked with the tailgate down it will not stay closed if you try to close it (almost closed then three beeps and open). If I remember correctly it did this to me manually closing and power closing. It works just fine when the truck is unlocked.