• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Open Frunk notification?

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Stanard Range
Just curious to know if there is a way to know if the frunk is open when away from the truck. Perhaps in the Ford App?

I've had 2 instances where I've come out to the truck and the frunk was open. I suppose I accidentally hit the button on the key fob.

Thanks
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
No feedback status.

{FOB} I'm very careful about which buttons I will finger blindly, only the top unlock and center lock, all else are NO TOUCH zones, even though the Frunk and Tailgate require a double tap, I don't go there!

{FP APP} Also requires a long touch, I tend to only touch it when the vehicle is in sight, never while it's in my tight fitting garage or the driveway where interlopers could mettle in my affairs.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
No feedback status.

{FOB} I'm very careful about which buttons I will finger blindly, only the top unlock and center lock, all else are NO TOUCH zones, even though the Frunk and Tailgate require a double tap, I don't go there!

{FP APP} Also requires a long touch, I tend to only touch it when the vehicle is in sight, never while it's in my tight fitting garage or the driveway where interlopers could mettle in my affairs.
I was pretty sure that the frunk and tailgate buttons only work on the app when within Bluetooth range.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was pretty sure that the frunk and tailgate buttons only work on the app when within Bluetooth range.
That is correct, when my truck is in the driveway, I'm in range, but our detached garage is far enough away that only telematics works for remote start while the Frunk and tailgate functions are greyed out. Yet my key fob is strong enough to reach the garage.

One of my fears is an inadvertent or spontaneous opening of either while it's in there.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Yesterday I received this message while trying to remote start my truck which was sitting in an airport parking lot in a rain storm. I figured I must have forgotten to close it. It ended up just being glitchy FordPass but it was a looong ride to the parking lot wondering what damage was done, what was stolen, etc. I expected to find the truck on blocks by the time I arrived.

To answer the original question, yes there is a way to know if your frunk is open, try a remote start. If you get the above message it's open...or FordPass is glitching.

Ford F-150 Lightning Open Frunk notification? 1000003901

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Yesterday I received this message while trying to remote start my truck which was sitting in an airport parking lot in a rain storm. I figured I must have forgotten to close it. It ended up just being glitchy FordPass but it was a looong ride to the parking lot wondering what damage was done, what was stolen, etc. I expected to find the truck on blocks by the time I arrived.

To answer the original question, yes there is a way to know if your frunk is open, try a remote start. If you get the above message it's open...or FordPass is glitching.

1000003901.jpg
I guess you'll get feedback if it is open, but if it is not, you only get 2 remote starts before you must start it with a key. So use those checks wisely.

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
No feedback status.

Wow, fingering, double taping, and no touch zones.:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored