• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Just heard on Long McArthur Ford (Tim Bartz) that new production builds for MY'23 Lightnings are removing the PAAK feature from all ER Lariats and Platinums!

WTH ?

Why is that being removed after being just re-introduced ??

Video time mark: 1:07:00

Tim talks about the new order guide effective December regarding parts shortages and removals.

About halfway on the live stream - Tim talked about '23 Lightning removal of:
  • On board scales
  • Smart Hitch
  • Active Park Assist 2.0
  • Heated Steering & side mirrors
  • Advanced Security pkg
  • Multi Contour seats w/ active motion (Plat)
  • PAAK (511A and Plat) - required option!
Tim did say that OTA update may restore the PAAK feature but it's not for certain.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think that's right

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
This is probably the straw that will break my back. I wouldn't take delivery if this was removed after all the other stuff they've taken lol.

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Why would it just be Lariat ERs and platinums? Why would they leave on the Lariat SR, those that have it that is ?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
This doesn't make sense. As far as I know PAAK is just software that uses the existing Bluetooth connection. No new chips needed. Unless they are pulling phone connectivity completely which would be a very bad move.

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Tim did say that OTA update may restore the PAAK feature but it's not for certain.

Heated steering & mirrors may be added by the dealer later.

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Not that PAAK is the end all be all but damn, is Ford sabotaging itself with this EV business? WTH….. if they keep this up people will look past the CT looks and just get that smh

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
More chip issues maybe?

From my standpoint, PAAK is a huge convenience. I have only taken the key with me once and that was when I planned to drop the truck back off at the dealer.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
More chip issues maybe?

From my standpoint, PAAK is a huge convenience. I have only taken the key with me once and that was when I planned to drop the truck back off at the dealer.
But what chip? As far as I know PAAK doesn't use or need any extra hardware. It is just software.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
But what chip? As far as I know PAAK doesn't use or need any extra hardware. It is just software.
Correct, for PAAK, Tim said his early build '22 ER Lightning did not have PAAK and was later updated OTA with PAAK.

He thinks it might be the same for these newer build '23 Lightnings - but not sure if this is the same.

Unlike the heated glass/steering wheel feature can be added later by the dealer (chip/module).

He said in all cases, builds may not get scheduled unless the removals are approved by the customer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
For software to work, there is always a chip behind it, somewhere.

Now that I think back, when I picked up my truck, the salesman who was giving me my orientation said he thought PAAK was not available and was surprised to see it activate once I went through the setup.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Correct, for PAAK, Tim said his early build '22 ER Lightning did not have PAAK and was later updated OTA with PAAK.

He thinks it might be the same for these newer build '23 Lightnings - but not sure if this is the same.

Unlike the heated glass/steering wheel feature can be added later by the dealer (chip/module).

He said in all cases, builds may not get scheduled unless the removals are approved by the customer.
Maybe a software conflict with an updated version of Sync?

snb2557

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is what confuses me. For the current removals, adv security/heated wheel/onboard scales, I didn't have to 'approve', Ford/my dealer just removed them. I didn't find out until looking at my order on the website. Is this really something they need a signature for to assign a build date? I'm a November order that hasn't been scheduled yet (others have been). Now I'm worried lol

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Why would it just be Lariat ERs and platinums? Why would they leave on the Lariat SR, those that have it that is ?
I thought Pro and XLT trims do not have this option which is why Lariat & Platinum are the only trims being mentioned.
Sponsored