• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
From my standpoint, PAAK is a huge convenience. I have only taken the key with me once and that was when I planned to drop the truck back off at the dealer.
Agreed completely. PAAK has been one of the very pleasant surprises for me with my Lightning. I knew I'd be getting it but never gave it much thought. Once I got it set up I haven't carried my keys since. Very liberating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This is what confuses me. For the current removals, adv security/heated wheel/onboard scales, I didn't have to 'approve', Ford/my dealer just removed them. I didn't find out until looking at my order on the website. Is this really something they need a signature for to assign a build date? I'm a November order that hasn't been scheduled yet (others have been). Now I'm worried lol
Reload your window sticker with today's date and see if anything changed.

Look for "RMVL" on the sticker.

Tim said that the builds will get held back if the parts are not available and will get pushed back behind those that accept the deletion/removal of features.

These are builds that are scheduling for December.

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Agreed completely. PAAK has been one of the very pleasant surprises for me with my Lightning. I knew I'd be getting it but never gave it much thought. Once I got it set up I haven't carried my keys since. Very liberating.
The convenience of PAAK helps make up for all the time I spend on this forum ;)

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Tim did say that OTA update may restore the PAAK feature but it's not for certain.

Heated steering & mirrors may be added by the dealer later.
My pro was just delivered with heated mirrors. Was he sure the mirrors are gone? I know one of his previous videos he wasn’t positive about heated mirror removal

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
My pro was just delivered with heated mirrors. Was he sure the mirrors are gone? I know one of his previous videos he wasn’t positive about heated mirror removal
Tim is talking about future scheduled builds starting December (this month).

Yours was scheduled earlier before the parts constraints.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Tim is talking about future scheduled builds starting December (this month).

Yours was scheduled earlier before the parts constraints.
Oh ok. I remember before mine was built the whole heated steering wheel removal happened and the confusion with the heated mirrors back then.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
So what's going to happen when they ramp up to 10x the current production next summer?

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
...sooo glad I got my '22 511A....sooo very, very glad....
Yea, also glad I got my Platinum built in May. Zero deletions, every option was put on it and it’s had zero issues. Love the truck.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
So what's going to happen when they ramp up to 10x the current production next summer?
The cold hard truth is that they'll build the trucks de-contented and either sell them or have to discount them if they become lot lingerers. But, they are not going to stop production during a ramp for features that aren't critical enough to delay delivery.

I feel bad for the people who have waited so long being forced to make a decision or abandon their order or reservation. I wish they'd let you hold back.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The cold hard truth is that they'll build the trucks de-contented and either sell them or have to discount them if they become lot lingerers. But, they are not going to stop production during a ramp for features that aren't critical enough to delay delivery.

I feel bad for the people who have waited so long being forced to make a decision or abandon their order or reservation. I wish they'd let you hold back.
Think how fast they could ramp if they deleted the motors and battery! $1,000 credit! :ROFLMAO:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER

I'll most likely be invited after the ramp up, but have no plan to order at the moment. I'll wait until a week before the deadline and then decide.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
meh I will take the loss of heated mirrors and getting heated seats in return

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech

Yes, this is true - as Tim Bartz said - it's better to deliver a vehicle with features removed instead of holding it back from the customer.

So glad I got my '22 Lightning - it's been very reliable for a daily commuter!
Sponsored