• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Production Delay Extended...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
"we will continue holding already-produced vehicles while we work through engineering and parts updates"

Well first thing. "already-produced" actually means "in transit" vehicles because they have not issued a recall on already-produced delivered vehicles. Second thing, anyone have an educated guess why they need to "work through engineering and parts updates" on already-produced in transit vehicles but not already-produced and delivered vehicles?

The delineation seems way too convenient to pass the smell test.
I think they have a higher level of confidence that a portion of the undelivered "in transit" trucks won't be an issue, they just need to do some form of validation that this is true before releasing those trucks, otoh truck in the pool of suspect battery packs will need field/dealer shop time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I think they have a higher level of confidence that a portion of the undelivered "in transit" trucks won't be an issue, they just need to do some form of validation that this is true before releasing those trucks, otoh truck in the pool of suspect battery packs will need field/dealer shop time.
That's why the statement specifically stating "engineering and parts updates" is odd to me. If it were just inspection or validation I would expect them to say...

"we need to conduct a validation process on already-produced vehicles to be certain those vehicle are not affected. Since there are no cases of the monitored vehicles in current use being affected we are confident the already-produced vehicles are not affected, however our validation process will ensure this is the case before these vehicles are released"

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I can't speculate about how the message has been crafted, but I'm sure plenty of lawyers have reviewed it and they're likely keeping the statement(s) to the bare minimum.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I can't speculate about how the message has been crafted, but I'm sure plenty of lawyers have reviewed it and they're likely keeping the statement(s) to the bare minimum.
I dont deny that. Im just calling out the BS... it does not align or reconcile with their decisions or statements to date.

jlwillia6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Silverado, ‘23 Lightning Lariat ER (ordered)
My truck was shipped about 2 weeks before the production stop, so it has been held in shipment. Has anyone heard if shipments already in progress will indeed continue to their destination on the 12th? Or be sent back for evaluation? The lack of information on the stop shipment is frustrating.

Sponsored

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My truck was built on 1/30 and shipped 1/31 with an initial delivery of 2/18. Now it has been delayed again to as late as 4/14. The dealer doesn’t know what is causing the delay, all they know is my truck is sitting in a lot in San Diego. The most frustrating part is not knowing what is going on by me or the dealer.

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning (If it ever gets delivered)
Occupation
Teacher
My truck was built on 1/30 and shipped 1/31 with an initial delivery of 2/18. Now it has been delayed again to as late as 4/14. The dealer doesn’t know what is causing the delay, all they know is my truck is sitting in a lot in San Diego. The most frustrating part is not knowing what is going on by me or the dealer.
I gave up on mine. Gosch Ford sold me a 2022 at MSRP. Not the color I wanted but less expensive and qualifies for tax credit

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This is the normal state of affairs. Mach-E owners went through this, Bronco owners, ...

My Mach-E was started in mid-January, completed on March 1st, and delivered in mid-May. During that time status, and visibility, were near non-existant.

I termed my issue - FILO - a new accounting methodology, First In, Last Out. My Mach-E was appointed to be the guardian of the lot, ensuring that all other Mach-Es were released and shipped and that the lot was empty before locking the gate. I never did get the certificate from Ford stating my accomplishments...

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This is the normal state of affairs. Mach-E owners went through this, Bronco owners, ...

My Mach-E was started in mid-January, completed on March 1st, and delivered in mid-May. During that time status, and visibility, were near non-existant.

I termed my issue - FILO - a new accounting methodology, First In, Last Out. My Mach-E was appointed to be the guardian of the lot, ensuring that all other Mach-Es were released and shipped and that the lot was empty before locking the gate. I never did get the certificate from Ford stating my accomplishments...
I am going thru this delivery delay big time for my ordered MME.

Built in December - put on railcar March - now pushed back till end of March delivery.

If it wasn't for the PCO, $2K incentive, and lower interest rates locked in at the time of re-order, I'd just pick one up at the dealer since they have so many now...

Ford F-150 Lightning Production Delay Extended... Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 6.33.10 AM

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I am going thru this delivery delay big time for my ordered MME.

Built in December - put on railcar March - now pushed back till end of March delivery.

If it wasn't for the PCO, $2K incentive, and lower interest rates locked in at the time of re-order, I'd just pick one up at the dealer since they have so many now...
Yup. I took the 2022 Mach-E we ordered 50.5 weeks prior because a) I got price protected to the 2021 price, b) I got the 0.9% 4 year financing, and c) I knew I could sell my 2021 (identical in every aspect) for a profit. Had I not had the 2021, I would have probably cancelled my order.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I just noticed metroshot's MME order page showing the EST Delivery dates when in shipped status, this is a nice development with the 2023 revision of the US tracking site!!

I am still following two Lightnings from the 2022 build year

Ford F-150 Lightning Production Delay Extended... 1678461690412

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The canadian site shows inconsistent data....

Ford F-150 Lightning Production Delay Extended... 1678461887294
Sponsored