• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Production Delay Extended...

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
For what it's worth, my truck was scheduled 3/13 and it moved one time to 3/27 just after the production halt and it has not changed again despite additional delays to restarting
Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For what it's worth, my truck was scheduled 3/13 and it moved one time to 3/27 just after the production halt and it has not changed again despite additional delays to restarting
Mine went from 3/20 to 3/13 right before the shutdown. Now when I check online it says 3/27. They never sent an email update.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
3/6, 3/13 & 3/20 will be reserved for resumption of delayed [previously] scheduled builds

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Anyone remember the late summer of 2022 when Ford quietly replaced a number of half drive spline motors in '22 Lightnings held in MI and at rail depots that were attended to by mobile Ford techs ?

That replacement caused a month to 2 months of delay.

So not unusual Ford is going to take their time....
I had a May blend date. Is that why my rear motors have a June date or was that something else?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Mine went from 3/20 to 3/13 right before the shutdown. Now when I check online it says 3/27. They never sent an email update.
I did not get an email about my reschedule either. You would think their system would automatically fire that off any time it changes

Sponsored

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
You have to wonder if the earliest built lightnings will be “better quality” when you read
“ it will take time “to ensure they are back to building high-quality cells and to deliver them to the Lightning production line.“

It almost reads like the first run of SK batteries was top notch and now they are cutting corners due to ramping up production. The first 2022s without features missing and lack of widespread battery issues initially (except hoovies garage) as well as the lower price point now make me feel that the earliest adopters really lucked out compared to the current one .

Feels like a rare occurrence where the beta testers and bleeding edge adopters wound up with the best possible scenario.
As a FCTP buyer with #311 off the line, this makes me feel good. I’ve had zero issues whatsoever.

GDQ

First Name
GQ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
My estimated delivery date on Ford's website has been 2/7/23 - 2/13/23 ever since my truck's status changed to "built" on January 22nd, and it still has not changed.

Phillig

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150, 2015 Genesis
Occupation
Retired
My date was pushed back from 3/27 to 4/10. XLT SR.

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
My estimated delivery date on Ford's website has been 2/7/23 - 2/13/23 ever since my truck's status changed to "built" on January 22nd, and it still has not changed.
Same here my friend, no change since somewhere in mid-January (Build date 1/13). Just displaying estimated delivery date of 2/10 to 2/16. Kind of maddening.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My 2/13 build date remains unchanged! I'm skeptical...
IMHO, folks who were scheduled for the weeks starting 2/6, 2/13, and 2/20 will resume in original order kicking off 3/13, 3/20 and 3/27, let's see if this speculation plays out.

The original week 2/27 was never issued stickers so they will see thiers on or about 3/23 to build the week of 4/3

-------------
Post amended 3/3/2023 with revised dates based on official word from FoMoCo that production will resume Monday 3/13.

Last edited:

hellb0y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat / Kona Electric
You have to wonder if the earliest built lightnings will be “better quality” when you read
“ it will take time “to ensure they are back to building high-quality cells and to deliver them to the Lightning production line.“

It almost reads like the first run of SK batteries was top notch and now they are cutting corners due to ramping up production. The first 2022s without features missing and lack of widespread battery issues initially (except hoovies garage) as well as the lower price point now make me feel that the earliest adopters really lucked out compared to the current one .

Feels like a rare occurrence where the beta testers and bleeding edge adopters wound up with the best possible scenario.
you are 100% correct! 2022s were carefully QA’ed out of the assembly line - careful attention to everything…

2023 is typical Ford - scale up, reduce QA, adopt quicker and more generic processes…

if you are waiting for one, buy a 2022 or wait for 2024, once scaling up has been completed and all the assembly line bugs resolved

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Today I see that mine has been moved from 3/27 to 4/24.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
"we will continue holding already-produced vehicles while we work through engineering and parts updates"

Well first thing. "already-produced" actually means "in transit" vehicles because they have not issued a recall on already-produced delivered vehicles. Second thing, anyone have an educated guess why they need to "work through engineering and parts updates" on already-produced in transit vehicles but not already-produced and delivered vehicles?

The delineation seems way too convenient to pass the smell test.
Sponsored