• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Part# Help: Frunk Inner Cover "Twist Clips"

The Unc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
Hello All,
I noticed when poking around that I am missing a few of those inspection cover twist clips. I went to my dealer and of course they are having trouble finding a part number for them. The ones along the fender (Green Arrow) are a one piece (which I have a number for) but the ones nearest the frunk opening (Red Arrows
Ford F-150 Lightning Part# Help: Frunk Inner Cover "Twist Clips" 60799D54-1540-4D00-BB41-91F25E3E4453_1_105_c
) are a bit bigger in diameter and are a "two-piece" twist clip.
My dealer is saying that the bigger inner clips come with the entire panel... so I need to order the whole assembly. Can someone who is good at looking up parts confirm this? I was hoping that there is a separate part number for the inner clips. I can't find anything-
I appreciate the help! These clips are very underwhelming-

Thanks
Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Pro SR
These threads on this issue:, there is a part number, and a search for something better.
Frunk Clips
Twistier in frunk

OP
OP
The Unc

The Unc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
The reason why ask the question again is because there is still no real part number for the bigger twist clips. I took the picture into my dealer and they can't figure out the half part numbers from the exploded picture.
Was hoping someone could chime in with an actual part number?
Sorry for the repost-

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Pro SR
It seems I have seen metal clips just like these somewhere, but I have been searching and can't find them???

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Unc

The Unc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
To me, it looks like the smaller outer twist clips are available, but the exploded part view is showing that the clips are part of the entire cover.
This is real nice... a very fragile attachment system with the easily broken part not available unless ordering the whole cover. I believe $135.00
Great.
Will also look for an alternative.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Anyone find a resolution here? One of the large twist clips popped off and went down into the cavity of the pickup. Gone forever! My OCD wants to replace it...

astolleis

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Atlas Blue Lighting
Anyone find a resolution here? One of the large twist clips popped off and went down into the cavity of the pickup. Gone forever! My OCD wants to replace it...
Like you, I lost one yesterday, and caught one as it came apart. Digging on board found ford part number for FordParts.com. $11.00 for 4 clips doesn't seem horrible to me.

Ford F-150 Lightning Part# Help: Frunk Inner Cover "Twist Clips" Screenshot 2023-09-24 085118

OP
OP
The Unc

The Unc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
Smaller ones are available in a pack of 4 I believe... the bigger clips are part of the entire panel.

Did this change?

Sponsored

MAG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I feel your pain,went to remove side panels to remove frunk speaker and one of the large clips came apart and went into the bowels of truck. $98000.00 truck and this is what you get! Will be attending dealer after Xmas,will see if those large clips are available now.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I'm missing one - it was missing from the factory. I asked the foreman at the shop that repaired my truck after a recent fender-bender if he could get them, and he shook his head and said most unusually sized Ford trim and body fasteners are supplied with the associated panel and aren't available separately. He said he can get substitute parts for a lot of them but the Lightning is too new and he's tried and failed to find them before.

Computermedic78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
There are some weird angles in here. It looks like they are designed not to come out of the trim piece, so I had to take the measurements with it in the trim. I'm hoping that one of yall that's missing a clip also has a printer and can test this. It's also not an easy print, but it's doable with a well calibrated machine.
https://www.printables.com/model/689023-f150-lightning-trim-clip

Ford F-150 Lightning Part# Help: Frunk Inner Cover "Twist Clips" Ford Clip.PNG

Computermedic78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
It works. Looks like I can't post the video here, but I can twist it in and it holds. I had to make it a bit longer, so if you've already downloaded the files, you'll need to grab them again. They are also available for purchase from my website https://www.mattsprintables.com/.

Ford F-150 Lightning Part# Help: Frunk Inner Cover "Twist Clips" 20231222_182209

Ford F-150 Lightning Part# Help: Frunk Inner Cover "Twist Clips" 20231222_182213

Ford F-150 Lightning Part# Help: Frunk Inner Cover "Twist Clips" 20231222_182233
Sponsored

Last edited: