• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phoenix Metro Area specific: Rate your dealer service departments. Help me find one that knows and cares about EVs and Technology

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I'd like to find a dealer that isn't terrible, so let's start collecting experiences of valley area service departments.

Here are mine

Camelback Ford (16th st & Camelback): 1/5, 2 contacts.

Contact 1: MachE Mobile Charger was failing, should be covered by warranty. I call to make an appointment, describe the issue, they tell me they can get me scheduled in 2 weeks, and they'll need the car 5-7 days. Why do they need 5-7 days? Well, it's really they just want the car on the lot for when a service tech becomes available. Can they just call me the night before someone becomes available? Nope, that's not how they do things. Why do they need the car at all? It's the mobile charger. They then admit they have no way of testing the charger, they would only be diagnosing the charge port. I have no issue using other chargers, so I know it's not the charge port, oh well, that's all we can do. I gave up and called another dealer.

Contact 2: When buying my Lightning I asked they run the CSP 23B57 before I take it home. They say sure. After I get out of finance office, they take me to my truck, I ask if they ran it, they say yes. I show the app showing it still shows, they handwave me saying it takes time to update. I can't argue with that, the fordpass app sucks. After a few days it still shows so I asked one of the forum members with FDRS to see if they actually did anything. He was able to tell me he can see they looked at it, but never actually installed it.

Conclusion: This service department can not be trusted with tech.

Bell Ford: 2/5, 1 contact.

Took the MachE here after the previous experience at Camelback ford. They took it in same day and said they'd have it back to me later that day, or the next day. Still required the car for some reason, but gave me a Lyft back home. This timliness is the only reason they get a 2. After the 3rd day I call them up and ask what gives, they say they haven't been able to diagnose any issue and they can keep looking or I can come get it. I tell them I'll be there before they close. I get there 30 min before closing time and they are locked up. There's a couple dudes inside and they let me in. They're off the clock and were about to leave, but they go get my car. He prints out the report, and tells me what's in their notes. They never looked at the charger, which was my only complaint, it had the NEMA 14-50 plug and they didn't have an outlet for it. They apparently didn't even recognize it, and thought I had the European model charger, so they just charged my car with their charger and reported no issues with the charge port. Thanks /s

Conclusion, This service department hasn't even read the sales brochure for their EVs.

Please share your experiences, both good and bad. The bad ones at least let me know where to avoid.
Sponsored

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
My experiences match yours- with both, I have Bell slightly edging out camelback (which is nothing to brag about). Camelback keep my car for five days without even diagnosing the problem, so I pulled it and took it to bell. Bell was better initially, but after I got my truck back from having the AC condenser replaced, my steering wheel has been loose. Calls and emails have gone unanswered. I’m trying Chapman next- they at least offered a loaner when I made an appointment.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I'd like to find a dealer that isn't terrible, so let's start collecting experiences of valley area service departments.

Here are mine

Camelback Ford (16th st & Camelback): 1/5, 2 contacts.

Contact 1: MachE Mobile Charger was failing, should be covered by warranty. I call to make an appointment, describe the issue, they tell me they can get me scheduled in 2 weeks, and they'll need the car 5-7 days. Why do they need 5-7 days? Well, it's really they just want the car on the lot for when a service tech becomes available. Can they just call me the night before someone becomes available? Nope, that's not how they do things. Why do they need the car at all? It's the mobile charger. They then admit they have no way of testing the charger, they would only be diagnosing the charge port. I have no issue using other chargers, so I know it's not the charge port, oh well, that's all we can do. I gave up and called another dealer.

Contact 2: When buying my Lightning I asked they run the CSP 23B57 before I take it home. They say sure. After I get out of finance office, they take me to my truck, I ask if they ran it, they say yes. I show the app showing it still shows, they handwave me saying it takes time to update. I can't argue with that, the fordpass app sucks. After a few days it still shows so I asked one of the forum members with FDRS to see if they actually did anything. He was able to tell me he can see they looked at it, but never actually installed it.

Conclusion: This service department can not be trusted with tech.

Bell Ford: 2/5, 1 contact.

Took the MachE here after the previous experience at Camelback ford. They took it in same day and said they'd have it back to me later that day, or the next day. Still required the car for some reason, but gave me a Lyft back home. This timliness is the only reason they get a 2. After the 3rd day I call them up and ask what gives, they say they haven't been able to diagnose any issue and they can keep looking or I can come get it. I tell them I'll be there before they close. I get there 30 min before closing time and they are locked up. There's a couple dudes inside and they let me in. They're off the clock and were about to leave, but they go get my car. He prints out the report, and tells me what's in their notes. They never looked at the charger, which was my only complaint, it had the NEMA 14-50 plug and they didn't have an outlet for it. They apparently didn't even recognize it, and thought I had the European model charger, so they just charged my car with their charger and reported no issues with the charge port. Thanks /s

Conclusion, This service department hasn't even read the sales brochure for their EVs.

Please share your experiences, both good and bad. The bad ones at least let me know where to avoid.
Stay away from Camelback & Bell. Try Chapman. Also stay away from Autonation.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Have you personally had good experience there? Specifically on EVs? Or is this more of a reputation thing?
Yes I have. Both with MME and F150L. Much better than Camelback, Bell, and Autonation. None of this "we want to keep it on our lot for a week before we even look at it".

Sponsored

Guppie Driver

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Pilot
I have been using Sanderson Ford since 2012. Two raptors and now the lightning. I've been really happy with the sales and service both. I've only had my lightning in for routine service and now the recalls and they handled those well. I'm just inside the range for pickup and delivery, so for the recalls they picked up the truck and brought it back to me when it was done.

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone had experience with Larry H Miller in Mesa? Feels like they don't want to work on EV's

Told on the phone Friday the parts (Tail light, wiper motor, Dash) were in and it would take 4-6 hours. Went in Monday AM (no conformation on appointment) and I wasn't in the system. Talked with a rep. He said as a walk in I couldn't get in today and would schedule me for Friday. (no conformation received.)

Called the number I scheduled at, they had me down for an Appointment. When I asked about a conformation they said it was not setup, so I provided my details and received a conformation. So back in line. Talked with my rep, and again we cannot get you in today this will take 2 or more days to get to a tech. Had him walk me through the work to be done and I asked about specific items I wanted done. He said he could get those items done if we schedule it another day. So again I scheduled this for Friday. (again no conformation) Grrrr.

Called the reservation desk again, and they had nothing in the system outside of the original appointment but did reschedule me for Friday with a conformation this time. When I asked about getting this done on the same day, they said it depended on workload and I should call Thursday to get a handle on what it looks like then. (but if EV tech's were swamped late Thursday, they may need the truck for days). I'll see what's up Thursday and will likely call Sanderson Friday.

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Larry H Miller Follow-up - Called Thursday twice with no update from service center. Went in anyways on Friday to a pleasant surprise.

1. They were ready for me, had parts and people lined up to do 4 of the 5 recalls.
2. they had a loaner for me.
3. They did the 4 recalls and tested for the 5th. (no low cell voltages found)
4. They were done by 2:30

NOTE: There were several suits in the Service Center Drop-off area. This could have something to do with they service they provided.

I also confirmed you can use a Valet code to have your car serviced. It was new to most people there, but it worked.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
I picked up my lightning from Peoria ford. I’ve always had good experiences there but I’m also biased because I have family there.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Anyone had experience with Larry H Miller in Mesa? Feels like they don't want to work on EV's

Told on the phone Friday the parts (Tail light, wiper motor, Dash) were in and it would take 4-6 hours. Went in Monday AM (no conformation on appointment) and I wasn't in the system. Talked with a rep. He said as a walk in I couldn't get in today and would schedule me for Friday. (no conformation received.)

Called the number I scheduled at, they had me down for an Appointment. When I asked about a conformation they said it was not setup, so I provided my details and received a conformation. So back in line. Talked with my rep, and again we cannot get you in today this will take 2 or more days to get to a tech. Had him walk me through the work to be done and I asked about specific items I wanted done. He said he could get those items done if we schedule it another day. So again I scheduled this for Friday. (again no conformation) Grrrr.

Called the reservation desk again, and they had nothing in the system outside of the original appointment but did reschedule me for Friday with a conformation this time. When I asked about getting this done on the same day, they said it depended on workload and I should call Thursday to get a handle on what it looks like then. (but if EV tech's were swamped late Thursday, they may need the truck for days). I'll see what's up Thursday and will likely call Sanderson Friday.
I've used Larry Miller twice. Once for an issue with the telematics system right after I bought the truck, not from them, once for the HVB and BMS CSPs. Telematics issue was diagnosed, and fixed although they did keep the truck for a few days waiting for a modem. The CSPs were also handled correctly, just not as fast. The HVB was completed the first day, the BMS took a month because they had to order the part. They did not keep the truck for a month. They ordered the part, I picked up the truck the same day I dropped it off and used it until the part finally arrived. I did get annoyed that it took so long for the part to come in, but after calling around the valley, I discovered the dealers either didn't have any BMS or they had them but wouldn't sell to individuals, so not really Larry Millers fault in the end.

The only other dealer I've had experience with is Robert Horne in Apache Junction. I bought the truck from them. Their service department doesn't seem to deal with BEVs very well, they were not able to diagnose the telematics issue that Miller finally fixed.

It may not be the service department, it may be the service writer, the person you explain your issues to. If he/she doesn't understand or doesn't like BEVs, your not going to get good service.
Sponsored

Last edited: