• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

overheating in the Phoenix area?

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Anybody without the max tow package having overheating issues this summer? Max tow give you extra cooling for the motors and main battery I'm told.
Sponsored

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
I have an ER Lariat with the Max Tow package. On a relatively recent road trip between Atlanta and Orlando, I noticed that the battery temperature was elevated (about halfway between the midpoint and high markers) after fast charging. The temperature slowly dropped as I drove, even when the truck's on-screen thermometer was showing over 100 degrees outside. Motor temperature stayed firmly at the mid-point throughout the entire trip.

I don't know for sure that the Max Tow package helps with this, but I figure it can't hurt (which is why I got it -- I don't ever expect to tow that much weight).

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Max tow here, so afraid I can't provide any useful feedback for ya. I have noticed an increase in the battery gauge recently. Even this morning at 85F it was a few pixels past midpoint. Motor temp pegged at middle point for me as well.

OP
OP

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Update: The truck I finally purchased is an ER and has the max tow. Hopefully no overheating problems in my future.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Update: The truck I finally purchased is an ER and has the max tow. Hopefully no overheating problems in my future.
Congrat's!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I'm not overheating, but over the last 2 weeks, the truck cooling has been kicking in periodically, so it pays to be plugged in, even if not charging.

OP
OP

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I'm not overheating, but over the last 2 weeks, the truck cooling has been kicking in periodically, so it pays to be plugged in, even if not charging.
Thanks for the hint.
bob

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Thanks for the hint.
bob
I haven't driven my truck since Thursday. According to my Juicebox app it has since used 9.84 kWh for cooling. The truck is parked outside in the Phoenix scorcher. MME, parked in the garage used 1.11 kWh.
Sponsored