• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone Audio (receiving) is extremely hard to hear. Anyone else?

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
This has happened with my phone connected and my wife's phone. Trying to hear the person you are talking to over Bluetooth. Not sure if I'm missing a setting somewhere, but our Mach-E definitely is fine with receiving audio during Bluetooth phone calls, but in the Lightning, it is next to impossible to hear the calls. Has anyone run into this and maybe found a fix? Both our phones are Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and Galaxy S20).
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
might be a dumb question, but have you tried the volume knob while in a call? Nav volume is independent from main volume for sure, and I think phone call volume is as well. You can only change them while there is active output on that sound path, I believe.

OP
OP

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That isn't a dumb question at all, as it is something I also would have asked someone in this situation. But, yes, we have tried the volume knob and it has not really helped. The caller on the other end still sounds quiet.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That isn't a dumb question at all, as it is something I also would have asked someone in this situation. But, yes, we have tried the volume knob and it has not really helped. The caller on the other end still sounds quiet.
What about phone volume (on the phone itself)? Is it turned all the way up?

Also, have you tried a steering wheel button Sync reboot?

OP
OP

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have tried the phone Audio to no avail. I have not done the Sync reboot. Can you share the button commands? I know what it is inn the Mach-E, but the buttons on the steering wheels are different on each.

Sponsored

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have tried the phone Audio to no avail. I have not done the Sync reboot. Can you share the button commands? I know what it is inn the Mach-E, but the buttons on the steering wheels are different on each.
Pretty much the same, volume down and skip forward until done.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
What model truck do you have? My Lariat paired with an iPhone is crystal clear and my brother-in-law’s Lariat paired with an Android phone has great quality sound as well. In fact when we were talking to each other we could hear the other guy’s turn signal audio. I wonder if there is any difference in trim levels.

OP
OP

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What model truck do you have? My Lariat paired with an iPhone is crystal clear and my brother-in-law’s Lariat paired with an Android phone has great quality sound as well. In fact when we were talking to each other we could hear the other guy’s turn signal audio. I wonder if there is any difference in trim levels.
I've got the 2023 Lariat ER. We have noticed that it does not always happen, maybe half the time, and it also does not seem to happen when on Teams calls. It is strange, but it has never happened in our Mach-E.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
My guess is that you are listening to the phone because it is not connected to the truck.

OP
OP

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My guess is that you are listening to the phone because it is not connected to the truck.
That is definitely not the case. As we can faintly here the audio through the speakers and the phone controls are being managed through Sync.
Sponsored