• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Yes I got that, I know it is only 1 cable. My example is o e charges, the other side waits, if all full, which is far better then the chaos at Walmart EA stations when they are blot blocked and everyone is trying to stage in spots and nit be cut off by someone just rolling up as a person leaves.
Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
So...I have questions about the handicap spot. Is it like a handicap parking spot? As in, I should avoid it? What if it's the only charger open?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Yes I got that, I know it is only 1 cable. My example is o e charges, the other side waits, if all full, which is far better then the chaos at Walmart EA stations when they are blot blocked and everyone is trying to stage in spots and nit be cut off by someone just rolling up as a person leaves.
Absolutely. 8 stalls are always better than 4.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
So...I have questions about the handicap spot. Is it like a handicap parking spot? As in, I should avoid it? What if it's the only charger open?

You can use it. Sign says "use last"

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Those side chargers are intended to help Tesla EVs towing trailers. They existed long before we rolled onto the scene.

IMHO, the cable length issue is overplayed. With the 360 view, I get nice and close. I take the rightmost end charger/space wherever possible to be polite. I am courteous in my stall usage.

As with any other charging network, there is preciously little consistency between Supercharger layouts. Heck, I ran into this one yesterday. What’s wrong with this picture?

Ford F-150 Lightning Photos from new Tesla Supercharging station w/ new charger placement (for trucks) IMG_4621

Every Supercharger that I have visited has at least one charger down. If you look on PlugShare, you will even find Tesla owners also reporting particular chargers not meeting rate. To minimize your frustration, look ahead via PlugShare and in the Tesla app. Don’t be surprised to come across Superchargers with a low PlugShare score — I skipped a location on this weekend’s trip that had a score of 5.2 (Yes, FIVE POINT TWO). Supercharger access isn’t the end of doing your roadtrip homework

They’re not perfect, but compared to EA, Tesla is still far better on the reliability front, because 1 out of 8 or 12 chargers being down is still far better than 1 out of 4. The odds are in your favor at a Supercharger.

I’ve been using them exclusively on the past 2000 miles of road trips. With that being said, I will also likely be using a couple of EA chargers on my trip home, because they’re in more convenient locations. The real win here is having so many more options for charging. Good luck out there!

Last edited:

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I went to the closest EA chargers to me (10 miles) yesterday at a Walmart. There are 7 chargers. All the chargers were full and there were 15 EVs waiting. Luckily I had plenty of juice so I could laugh at them. The next closest EA charger was another 28 miles away. San Antonio is very bad for EV charging.
Can't wait for my adapter.

OP
OP

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
Forgive me, but this looks even more chaotic. Some of them say "use other side"...so how would this work better for the Lightning? In your photos it seems like the chargers that would reach the Lightning charge port are the ones for use on the *other* side.
It doesn't crowd the charger you are using the way a normal bank of Tesla chargers would (or at least the one's I've seen). The car using the charger next to you would be parked on the other side.

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
This is very similar to one of the newer ones in Lexington, KY.
Sponsored