• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Airport dropoff - BIL's familiy moving to England.
- 3 adults + 2 kids with car seats
- 9 large pieces of luggage
- 2 bikes (boxed up)
- 2 surfboards
- A whole lot of carry-on stuff (mostly frunk plus some inside)
- Route: central CT to JFK - about 190 miles round-trip
- Efficiency: 2.8 mi/kWh! (thanks to traffic)

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 20230815_102516
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 20230815_102529
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 20230815_115107
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I have always wanted to go to AirVenture Oshkosh.
Have a great time!
I live 15 minutes away. I don’t think I’ve gone since I was five years old! I live very close to the Appleton airport, which sees a ton of activity during air venture. I get a mini airshow every year, seeing all the different airplanes coming in and out of the area.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I live 15 minutes away. I don’t think I’ve gone since I was five years old! I live very close to the Appleton airport, which sees a ton of activity during air venture. I get a mini airshow every year, seeing all the different airplanes coming in and out of the area.
That's the best living so close, I am center field 1 mile away from March Air Reserve Base. I will.get out your way one day.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I don't want to highjack this thread too much, but as a former (military) Air Traffic Controller, the best action happens the day or two before the air show. During an air show, one set goes up, flies around, and lands before the next goes up. Nothing interesting happens unless you happened to be at the Lackland AFB show back in 2004 when unauthorized aircraft made a low approach over the crowd while releasing smoke (think back to the security levels around that time...my Commander had me hopping trying to identify who they were!)

Arrival day is when everyone comes in and want's to play!

If the air show is Saturday and Sunday with a Friday dry run, then Thursday is when you want to be there. I always had a sky full of traffic in the pattern including a Canadian F-18 doing a tail walk around the tower.

Friday practice is also a good day to see the entire air show without all the foot traffic if you can somehow gain access.

Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Launching my homebuilt RV/Houseboat (CampinBoat) on her maiden voyage

Lightning launching CampinBoat.jpg
Very innovative idea! Can you send us a picture of it on the water?

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Grilling and providing entertainment for the NorthEast Lightning Owners and NorthEast Mach-e Owner’s Clubs at the Ford Meetup at Electrify America in NY…
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_5364