• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Right at max payload in drywall… and as I post I realize I didn’t test out the onboard scales. Dang it! There are too many toys on this thing to remember them all!!!

Also, happy thanksgiving to you all. I appreciate this forum very much, being completely new to the ev world when I got my truck I’ve learned a lot from the collective brain trust on this forum.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_2923

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Hauled some trash from our small business (we don't have enough to have weekly service so we haul it ourselves as needed).

I had some pallets to get rid of in the bed but no room for the trash can. One of those times I curse the 5.5 foot bed. Would have easily fit in my old Chevy with the 6' 8" bed.

Luckily a 50 gallon trash can easily fits in the back with the seat flipped up:
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 1700969114543

(For those wondering, this photo was taken after emptying. Also, trash from the shop is mostly shipping materials like steel and poly banding and plastic wrap. No food waste, so was not stinky)

Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
5 bikes in the bed, microwaving traders joe’s frozen foods in the front, and charging at the same time!

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_6795

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_6791

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Day 2 of ownership:
1) drive two states to help relatives moves some furniture.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_3848

2) moved an antique table back two states to home. 10 seater, oval with 10 chairs and leafs.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_3849

pictured here charging beside a VW, a Rivian and an Audi.

Computermedic78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Tried doing truck things last night. Turns out, it's not very capable and I got stuck in my own yard.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 20231211_072418

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 20231211_071945

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Tried doing truck things last night. Turns out, it's not very capable and I got stuck in my own yard.
Tread pattern isn't great for mud, but I would think the AWD would handle flat grass/mud ok. What happened?

Computermedic78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Tread pattern isn't great for mud, but I would think the AWD would handle flat grass/mud ok. What happened?
Got stuck and barely managed to rock it out backwards, it couldn't get through in off road mode with the rear dif locked. Honestly thought I was going to pull it out with my jeep. Never expected my 11 year old grand Cherokee to save a truck but here we are.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
What was your range with this 5th wheel?
Not a 5th wheel just a 37 foot long travel trailer. Weight 7500 lbs. I have been getting avg. 1 mile per Kwh. I don't go on any cross country runs, just local parks within a 300-mile range. (1 charge) For me, my wife and the Grand kids there are a lot of parks.

Long term I'm looking at trading over to a self powered trailer or adding battery and powered axle to this unit. That will make the trailer towing neutral.

AZure

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
Not a 5th wheel just a 37 foot long travel trailer. Weight 7500 lbs. I have been getting avg. 1 mile per Kwh. I don't go on any cross country runs, just local parks within a 300-mile range. (1 charge) For me, my wife and the Grand kids there are a lot of parks.

Long term I'm looking at trading over to a self powered trailer or adding battery and powered axle to this unit. That will make the trailer towing neutral.
Thanks for letting me know. I shouldn't have generalized your trailer in to that category.
Sponsored