• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power transfer switch..

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
I plan on using 2 of these to bring power into my house from my truck. I’m off grid and have a service panel in my solar shed, that supplies power to a service panel in my barn that supplies power to a service panel in my house (my house is built inside my barn). I plan on connecting 2 of these to my houses panel. I’d kill the breaker for the house (isolating it) on the barn panel and use power from my lightning to supply the 2.4kw to the house. I don’t have the 30a bed plug. I’m fully aware of the limitations of the 20a that the truck supplies and I opted for 2 of these panels to split the power as these are only rated for 15a. Is there anything I should lookout for? I’ve read some things about bonded neutral or floating neutral etc.
Ford F-150 Lightning Power transfer switch.. IMG_4852
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
If you're viewing this forum on PC, if you scroll down to the bottom there is section called Similar Threads. Lots of info here on what others have done and discussion around the topics you mention. And yes the main issue will be the bonded neutral. Ways around it that you will have to decide what you're comfortable with.

I'm guessing you don't have any 240V loads then?

OP
OP
Azgunguy

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
If you're viewing this forum on PC, if you scroll down to the bottom there is section called Similar Threads. Lots of info here on what others have done and discussion around the topics you mention. And yes the main issue will be the bonded neutral. Ways around it that you will have to decide what you're comfortable with.

I'm guessing you don't have any 240V loads then?
I do have 240v loads but they wouldn’t be included in these panels. This is just to get me through the night if for whatever reason my solar batteries don’t charge fully or whatever other reason. I appreciate it.
Sponsored