• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA rolling out

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I have had failed a bunch of times but never has it yet said failed on the truck or ford pass. This is for 1.7. Anyone have the same thing ?
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
What's so strange is that if we purchased 10 pc's of the same make/model, and then proceeded to prepare all 10 for deployment, we would almost guaranteed have identical out-of-the-box experiences, including getting them all updated to the latest build/updates.

Yet with our trucks, I can stick the USB stick in with the truck running and it will only take seconds to recognize what is on the stick and initiate the update.

The next truck will act like nothing has happened.

Then my truck will get stuck in the "restart to finish" loop, only to instantly overcome the loop by me REMOVING the stick against instructions.

While the next truck doesn't get stuck in the restart loop.

The inconsistencies doesn't make sense in the normal ones & zeros digital realm.

But I do admit it makes for some adventure for those determined to do this themselves
I have seen this on high end vehicles with a lot of electronics when trying to re-flash the PCM. The more electronic crap that is firing up when you flip the key on, the more possibility of interference. I have also seen some really weird things happen when wires get shorted out, etc, somewhere else in the system. Isn't there some TSB for pinched wired on the 2021 trucks? Lol.

Just saying. Those old "tap the PCM AFR wire" air fuel "light show" gauge have caused a lot of issues for tuners back in the day before we really knew we needed a wide band sample to be proper "SMH". A little resistance on an unknown wire in an unknown loom or volatile system voltages due to all the little things turning on can cause the issues you speak of.

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have had failed a bunch of times but never has it yet said failed on the truck or ford pass. This is for 1.7. Anyone have the same thing ?
Same here. Mine choked on 1.7.1 but no alerts or notifications. My updates and schedulers are in zombie mode. Fingers crossed we eventually get an update either OTA or thru dealer to correct.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Same here. Mine choked on 1.7.1 but no alerts or notifications. My updates and schedulers are in zombie mode. Fingers crossed we eventually get an update either OTA or thru dealer to correct.
Thanks
Ya same here !

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Anyone whoā€™s stuck on 1.7 have the odd issue with the welcome lighting not turning on and no interior lights. Also the bell noise doesnā€™t come from the speakers and sounds like itā€™s some weird binging sound under the dash. Also the radio preset will flash sometimes when this happens. Iā€™d say it happens maybe once a week. I think itā€™s all related Iā€™m sure. Canā€™t wait for this fix coming this month.

Sponsored

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
First time poster, long time lurker.

My truck tried install 2.3.0 the other day. but I received a message it failed. The next day, the ford website said "all set" but when I looked at the Update Status on my truck, it shows 2.1.1 was installed again.

I did the steps in another post to see what the status is and see this. Now I'm even more confused.

Asking the more knowledgeable, any Ideas?
  1. additionalConsentLevel: 1
  2. communicationPriority: "High"
  3. deploymentCreationDate: "2022-02-01T21:39:33.347+0000"
  4. deploymentExpirationTime: "2022-02-08T21:39:33.347+0000"
  5. deploymentFinalConsumerAction: "General Failure Will Retry"
  6. deploymentId: "34c168ca-f74a-4362-a76f-c2e9663a18d8"
  7. inhibitRequired: false
  8. latestStatus: {aggregateStatus: "failure", detailedStatus: "OTAM_E1016",ā€¦}
  9. oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-479518-507905"
  10. otaTriggerExpirationTime: "2022-01-18T23:04:43.778+0000"
  11. packageUpdateDetails: {,ā€¦}
  12. tmcEnvironment: "PRD"
  13. triggerType: "SOFTWARE"
  14. type: "REGULATORY"
Exact same issue here. Failed 2.3.0. First time any update on my truck came back as failed.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Anyone whoā€™s stuck on 1.7 have the odd issue with the welcome lighting not turning on and no interior lights. Also the bell noise doesnā€™t come from the speakers and sounds like itā€™s some weird binging sound under the dash. Also the radio preset will flash sometimes when this happens. Iā€™d say it happens maybe once a week. I think itā€™s all related Iā€™m sure. Canā€™t wait for this fix coming this month.
Are you talking about an almost Bleep sound just as opening the door?

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Are you talking about an almost Bleep sound just as opening the door?
The sound it makes when you hit the start button or turn the key. It comes from the speakers. Sometimes when the interior lighting doesnā€™t turn on the sound comes from under the dash some crappy sounding thing
Same as the back up beeper.
Stupid 1.7 frozen ?ā€ā™‚

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Update on progress. I got the update schedule to come back tonight. Have it set to do a scheduled update overnight, we'll see if it does... How did I do it? Not 100% sure what fixed it but multiple GWM and APIM resets didn't do it. Did a SYNC master reset, also no dice. Turned off connected vehicle followed by some more GWM/APIM updates. Still nothing. Turned off WiFi and did an APIM reset, then boom! Sync version and update schedule reappeared. Now, question is will it push 2.3.0 to me tonight or not? In any case, I may have a reproducible procedure to get the APIM unstuck. If so, I can always see if my dealer will attempt the update with it unstuck or I bring them a flash drive and see if they'll burn the FDRS update to it. If that doesn't work I'll go the DIY route.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Agate Black Platinum 4X4 Powerboost
Occupation
Very retired
SSR is located in Features -> Cruise Control -> Adaptive Cruise Control
I'm going to look again but cruise control doesn't appear on the "features" screen.....??

I did find where to turn on "OK Ford"

Sponsored

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Update on progress. I got the update schedule to come back tonight. Have it set to do a scheduled update overnight, we'll see if it does... How did I do it? Not 100% sure what fixed it but multiple GWM and APIM resets didn't do it. Did a SYNC master reset, also no dice. Turned off connected vehicle followed by some more GWM/APIM updates. Still nothing. Turned off WiFi and did an APIM reset, then boom! Sync version and update schedule reappeared. Now, question is will it push 2.3.0 to me tonight or not? In any case, I may have a reproducible procedure to get the APIM unstuck. If so, I can always see if my dealer will attempt the update with it unstuck or I bring them a flash drive and see if they'll burn the FDRS update to it. If that doesn't work I'll go the DIY route.
Update to the update: no OTA installed and back to buttons greyed out and stuck. But hopefully I can reproduce the un-sticking procedure when I get FDRS

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I have also noticed this only when this happens. For example when the walk up lighting doesnā€™t work and the interior lights donā€™t light up.

when the above is happening the passenger side door handle wonā€™t unlock or lock the door. Very strange. From the outside the smart key handle etc.

After say I go to the store and run one key cycle itā€™s fine when I walk up to it next time.

Like I said this all started since 1.7 has become stuck.

Common fix!

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
I received 3 OTA updates in 1 week. I had no updates at all in 2021. I learned 2.3.0 was rolling out and was disappointed the ā€˜latest and greatestā€™ Ford pushed down was several months old upon install. That led me to tinker with Sync 4 more. It may be a coincidence, but the more I sent negative feedback to Ford about updates not working in Sync 4's embedded feedback menu, the more updates I received
smile.gif

Results:

January 11, 2022 - OTA 1.4.0
January 14, 2022 - OTA 1.7.0
January 18, 2022 - OTA 2.1.0
February 01, 2022 - OTA 2.1.1

My Routine:
  1. Manually hard reboot the APIM twice after each successful install.
  2. Disable WiFi after uploading Sync 4 feedback since WiFi turns itself on and auto-connects.
  3. Reset the scheduled updates feature to occur within 2 hours every time I park overnight.
  4. Enable WiFi > Sync 4 > General Settings > Send Feedback > Software Update > Wireless Update Not Working > Submit > Wait > Disable Wifi
  5. Set Parking Brake on.
Thanks! I think this really helped me.

Have a job1 truck that has never gotten an update and followed this by hard rebooting twice. Re-schedule the update every day. Voila I got 1.4.0 on Feb 1st. And now have 1.7.1 pending on Feb 7th.

So this may help others out who aren't going the FDRS route yet.

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks! I think this really helped me.

Have a job1 truck that has never gotten an update and followed this by hard rebooting twice. Re-schedule the update every day. Voila I got 1.4.0 on Feb 1st. And now have 1.7.1 pending on Feb 7th.

So this may help others out who aren't going the FDRS route yet.
It is good you received OTAs. Problem still remains that these OTAs only update specific modules, and for early builds there are MANY updates for modules no touched by the OTAs.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Exact same issue here. Failed 2.3.0. First time any update on my truck came back as failed.
Ditto. My truck goes in next week and the service dept. said they are aware and will update Sync themselves.
Sponsored