• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

mtxmiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning lariat ER
I have same issue - driver facing camera fault when I hit the lane centering button. Right now all it will do is “bounce” off the lines on edge of road. No centering with hands on wheel and definitely no full blue cruise. Is this same for those with issue?

this is after 6.13 update

what makes some say wait for update vs go to dealer?

@Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I have same issue - driver facing camera fault when I hit the lane centering button. Right now all it will do is “bounce” off the lines on edge of road. No centering with hands on wheel and definitely no full blue cruise. Is this same for those with issue?

@Ford Motor Company
if it worked fine before, its surely software related. Nothing a dealer can do. Hopefully it will be soon, I am stuck on a failed install of 6.13 - maybe it was for the best that it didn't install.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

@Ford Motor Company
Wait for the software update as @Gimme_my_MME has suggested

Some on the Mach-E forums have taken it to the dealers which have replaced the cameras and still having issues because its software related. I’d rather not have the dealer dismantle for an unnecessary repair.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

@Ford Motor Company
If you don't think it is something physical, sensors bumped or misaligned or camera not working, then there is no need for a trip to a dealer. You'll get nothing more than frustration out of it.

If there were SW releases beyond 6.13 (there aren't for general consumption) you might convince a dealer to do SW update, but I doubt they are willing to take that on in most any circumstance.

The ICE F150 guys, the Mach E's and now the Lightnings are anxiously waiting for SW. I don't know that we can pin point, but it looks like both 6.8 and 6.13 had bugs in them and we just need Ford to get the fixes together and get us some new updates.

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
if it worked fine before, its surely software related. Nothing a dealer can do. Hopefully it will be soon, I am stuck on a failed install of 6.13 - maybe it was for the best that it didn't install.
Maybe - one of Tesla's recent updates seems to be turning up a large number of Model 3s with defective cabin cameras or wiring. It sounds like before, if they had trouble with that camera they may have just ignored it (typical Tesla, right?). Which is not to say that is what's going on with our trucks, but, just to point out that in a very similar situation with another manufacturer, the new software is actually discovering broken hardware.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Maybe - one of Tesla's recent updates seems to be turning up a large number of Model 3s with defective cabin cameras or wiring. It sounds like before, if they had trouble with that camera they may have just ignored it (typical Tesla, right?). Which is not to say that is what's going on with our trucks, but, just to point out that in a very similar situation with another manufacturer, the new software is actually discovering broken hardware.
Or outdated Hardware……… hmmmmm…

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT