• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Can I get a root canal instead? :eek:
Lmao hey I'm just trying to give solutions!

Need to find yourself a nerdy tech at a local dealer who actually knows the FDRS system!

I'm a nerdy finance guy with a EE degree

I check my truck weekly for updates. Most of the time it's updates to PCM and Diag modules but you'll get a little nugget like PAAK every once and a while
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I check my truck weekly for updates. Most of the time it's updates to PCM and Diag modules but you'll get a little nugget like PAAK every once and a while
That did it. Ford was tired of my complaining. I just went out to check the updates and there it is, scheduled for tonight! Sorry, "Update Now". PaaK is installing now. Just in time for the dreaded Thanksgiving trip.

Will this activate Password To Drive type function that has been grayed out? Do you know if the password is required when carrying the fob? I hope so.

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
That did it. Ford was tired of my complaining. I just went out to check the updates and there it is, scheduled for tonight! Sorry, "Update Now". PaaK is installing now. Just in time for the dreaded Thanksgiving trip.

Will this activate Password To Drive type function that has been grayed out? Do you know if the password is required when carrying the fob? I hope so.
Yes! Once you have the update you will notice that it is no longer grayed out.

I forget if you need to go into the FP app or the screen to get it setup. I believe it is inside the FP app.

I have used the passcode feature to drive once. It worked like it should. Just type in your password and then it will prompt you to press the start button.

It's actually pretty impressive how fast you can approach the truck and have it recognize your phone. I honestly had little faith it would function to the level of me actually not bringing a key with me but here we are! I think PAAK should be standard on all vehicles!!

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Yes, it works perfectly, I just tested it, with no key fob or smartphone/FP present:
  • Input my custom door code to unlock the truck
  • Pressed brake & ON button
  • Center screen advised no key detected.
  • Sync screen slowly woke up, displayed the password field.
  • Tap in the middle of the blank field
  • virtual keyboard appears, type in your password.
  • press the return key on the keyboard.
  • Startup completes and reminds you the key fob is not present
  • When you go into drive, it reminds you one more time, then no more once driving.
After returning home and viewing my phone FP app, I have an alert that the backup code as used to start the truck. Also got an email from Ford.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT 1669130709454

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

You'll be able to set up the Password to Drive, but in Ford that is only used when you have neither your fob, nor phone. Use the door code to unlock, then the Passcode in the truck to start and drive - only really for emergencies or when you want to not carry anything at all with you and leave the phone and fob behind.

Unfortunately you don't want this set up with the fob - it is not like Tesla at all - it is so painfully slow and clunky. Tesla still slays when it comes to software. Love my truck, but I hate a company that can't even clone someone elses good ideas.

Sponsored

tomjackbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata, Honda HRV, Ford F150L
had some insight from some eyes on the situation that maybe the 12v might need to charge
Is that information in Oasis?

My 3.5.5 update won’t install for some reason. I get the same behavior as you. Displays the preparing update. I hear it power cycle a couple times then it just drops out of the update back to the previous sync menu.

I have tried updating after charging the HVB to 90%, updating while connected to my EVSE, charging the 12V battery, using the 12V charger in power supply mode while updating, driving for > 1hr then updating, letting it try to update on the nightly install schedule….still nothing. 🙃

If the reason for the failure is in Oasis and someone has access I can PM my VIN.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Is that information in Oasis?

My 3.5.5 update won’t install for some reason. I get the same behavior as you. Displays the preparing update. I hear it power cycle a couple times then it just drops out of the update back to the previous sync menu.

I have tried updating after charging the HVB to 90%, updating while connected to my EVSE, charging the 12V battery, using the 12V charger in power supply mode while updating, driving for > 1hr then updating, letting it try to update on the nightly install schedule….still nothing. 🙃

If the reason for the failure is in Oasis and someone has access I can PM my VIN.
My insight was from someone that could see more detailed error messages on the Ford side. I don't know if Oasis can see or show the more detailed messages from the mothership or not.

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
Well, after 20 failures in 12 days, I finally have the 3.5.5 update.

Since it updated, I'm getting SecuriAlert notifications on my iPhone whenver a door, trunk, or tailgate is opened. SecuriAlert is disabled on my phone. I've deleted/reinstalled the app but it did not fix the issue.

Has this
happened to anyone else, and how did you fix it?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT 3131FBC9-98FE-44B9-BF3A-FC0A0DE8B8D1_1_101_o
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT 2EC084A0-7362-4BBB-B68B-B1FFBC1F8286_1_101_o
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT 8B5A92F0-443F-494A-ABB8-217A5899728E_1_101_o
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT BCF4321C-482B-470F-B142-B1B06B276B9E_1_101_o
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT 29040FE5-74BB-434D-8A2B-9E3E8B83AABA_1_101_o
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT 7914E74D-C9DF-46EC-B0CE-3989BF0FBD42_1_101_o
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT 6FBC5B20-F341-45B6-9440-E26F1D15BBC9_1_101_o

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Adjust the Secure Alert settings directly in the truck, see if that helps.

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
Any idea where those settings are in the menu? I couldn't find them on the screen, and no mention of SecuriAlert in the OM.

Sponsored

HarryBakshi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat (Atlas Blue), BMW X5(2016)
I am still on 3.5.4 version. When I go to the software update option in the Settings - It shows me that I have the latest version . I dont get any option to upgrade

I see people are upgrading to 4.x.. also

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I am still on 3.5.4 version. When I go to the software update option in the Settings - It shows me that I have the latest version . I dont get any option to upgrade

I think 3.5.5 is suspended, early updates to this level caused undesirable impacts, Ford appears to have used the most important part of it resulting in in 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat

Ditto. I have a feeling these rollouts are staged and there's a lot of us in this boat.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Just had this pushed and an easy install in my driveway.
Mind telling me how you have your software updates configured? Still waiting for my blue cruise maps to update.
Sponsored