• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trip Efficiency Missing from Trip History After Power-Up OTA 6.13.0

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I purposely have never reset TRIP 1 and TRIP 2 in the Sync UI so I can see my running average for energy consumption efficiency. My vehicle took Power-Up OTA 6.13.0 on Dec 19, 2023, and ever since that update, both TRIP 1 and TRIP 2 show 0 mi/kWh. I've noticed this on every drive since then and was hoping that the next update would restore it, but there has not been one since.

Questions:

1. Is anyone else seeing this issue with no efficiency reporting for the long-term trip meters?

2. Are there any other good ways to get this data? I have a Mongoose and an ODBlink, so I'm wondering if this info is hidden in another menu somewhere. My initial searches are coming up empty.

I'm thinking moving forward I need to somehow track this information in Home Assistant, but I've still lost this history (hopefully for the time being). I also have a Ford Charge Station Pro, but that's been worthless in terms of data access and reliability. Open to ideas and suggestions here.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Sync reset??

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I purposely have never reset TRIP 1 and TRIP 2 in the Sync UI so I can see my running average for energy consumption efficiency. My vehicle took Power-Up OTA 6.13.0 on Dec 19, 2023, and ever since that update, both TRIP 1 and TRIP 2 show 0 mi/kWh. I've noticed this on every drive since then and was hoping that the next update would restore it, but there has not been one since.

Questions:

1. Is anyone else seeing this issue with no efficiency reporting for the long-term trip meters?

2. Are there any other good ways to get this data? I have a Mongoose and an ODBlink, so I'm wondering if this info is hidden in another menu somewhere. My initial searches are coming up empty.

I'm thinking moving forward I need to somehow track this information in Home Assistant, but I've still lost this history (hopefully for the time being). I also have a Ford Charge Station Pro, but that's been worthless in terms of data access and reliability. Open to ideas and suggestions here.
I have had the issue on my Mach-E where the efficiency goes to zero in the Trip Odometers, then reappears. I have also had it reset. In short, there is no way to track long term efficiency except miles driven and energy used to charge, assuming you have an intelligent home charger and you keep track of all sessions on the road.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have had the issue on my Mach-E where the efficiency goes to zero in the Trip Odometers, then reappears. I have also had it reset. In short, there is no way to track long term efficiency except miles driven and energy used to charge, assuming you have an intelligent home charger and you keep track of all sessions on the road.
Hopefully it reappears...

I would not call the Ford Charge Station Pro "intelligent" by any means. I have an Emporia Vue 2 with CT clamps over the line saving data to Home Assistant, but that's only effective from the date I installed that AND it doesn't know when the charge was to my Lightning or my MME. Really wish Ford would just license some of Tesla's software technology to make this more useful.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored
OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And it's back on the next drive. Showing 0.0 mi/kWh...
Sponsored