• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power

Kmgalea

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
Bought my clot lightning standard range 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I was going to a meeting and the service vehicle light came on. Reduced power to 5mph. Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power alert appeared on app. Got it towed to the nearest dealer. Horrible experience there. They won’t give me loaner because I didn’t buy it through them. Never had that issue with a Toyota or VW dealer. They said they would try to look at today but I wonder if they have the expertise to really work on it. anybody else have this issue and have it resolve? What was the result? Thanks.
Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Yes, see my comments / experience under Help / Stranded? thread. You are not alone and I know I'm not the first. Makes one real nervous about the reliability of this vehicle.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Bought my clot lightning standard range 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I was going to a meeting and the service vehicle light came on. Reduced power to 5mph. Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power alert appeared on app. Got it towed to the nearest dealer. Horrible experience there. They won’t give me loaner because I didn’t buy it through them. Never had that issue with a Toyota or VW dealer. They said they would try to look at today but I wonder if they have the expertise to really work on it. anybody else have this issue and have it resolve? What was the result? Thanks.
Call customer relations and ask for the BEV team. They will assist in a rental and be able to determine if the dealer is trained
+1-800-392-3673

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
So far there's 13 of us (at least according to poll https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/powertrain-malfunction-reduced-power-poll.14094/)

Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
didn't get the red truck with exclamation point. Car goes about 5 miles an hour. This is horrible. Already called dealer I purchased from and they said they have no loaners. I need a car @Ford Motor Company
Call the customer relations team +1-800-392-3673 and ask for the BEV team

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
didn't get the red truck with exclamation point. Car goes about 5 miles an hour. This is horrible. Already called dealer I purchased from and they said they have no loaners. I need a car @Ford Motor Company
we'll see how the fix goes - i'm really happy with this vehicle but am not ruling out Lemon Law application - once this happens to you there is a confidence that goes away in the reliability of this vehicle - would hate to be 150 miles from home and have this happen again, out of blue, not one indicator anything was wrong @Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
just happened to me this morning. got the alert on my phone. ER Purchased in September
WTF.png
IMG_2666.PNG
Not to add to misery, but can you add yours to the poll reduced power malfunction poll Also it looks like you didn't get the High Voltage Battery Warning, which is probably a good thing since that seems like 4-6 weeks for parts.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
BS they have no loaner - actually heard the same thing and @Ford Motor Company "customer service" expected me to pick up a $1,000 rental differential for a similar vehicle from Enterprise

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Not to add to misery, but can you add yours to the poll reduced power malfunction poll Also it looks like you didn't get the High Voltage Battery Warning, which is probably a good thing since that seems like 4-6 weeks for parts.
Added. I live 1 mile from dealer. Drove it over there at 8 miles an hour on backstreets. The when dealer turned on car it said 0% power. Walked home. No loaner available.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Added. I live 1 mile from dealer. Drove it over there at 8 miles an hour on backstreets. The when dealer turned on car it said 0% power. Walked home. No loaner available.
Tool me awhile to get a loaner (a sporty Toyota Corolla😡), mostly my fault though since I didn’t push for it until after holidays and a work trip. Ask the BEV team to put you in a loaner, they’ve been pretty responsive.
Sponsored