• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Per Automotive News (via InsideEVs):

"Fleets we will look after; they are the core of our business. Even though we could sell more vehicles, more expensive, it's not about the short-term profit. We launched with them right at the beginning and we're giving them 20 percent all through." -- Darren Palmer, Ford's vice president of electric vehicle programs

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
So there are plenty of pros being produced, but many of them are going to the fleet market, not the regular retail market. Makes sense why it has been so limited for retail customers.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I mean it makes sense. Especially with this new EV Truck coming. Soon enough the Pro will not be offered for retail at all IMO

maverick92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lightning, Model Y, Maverick
Occupation
Engineer
"F*%& the middle-class customer, our loyalty to large businesses will never be questioned." - Henry Ford

Sponsored

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜15 GMC Sierra / ā€˜02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
I am looking to buy a Pro for my small business, but since I donā€™t qualify for a FIN # canā€™t buy ! That is stupid.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I don't believe a pro ER has ever been built, fleet or not (other than pre-production and media test mules), but I would welcome being proven wrong.

wiffleballpractice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat SR, XC40 Recharge, XC90, Cayman
Occupation
Pretend Electrical Engineer
I don't believe a pro ER has ever been built, fleet or not (other than pre-production and media test mules), but I would welcome being proven wrong.
I have a friend who works for TK elevator and is involved in their sustainability efforts; they have received at least one Pro ER at their Atlanta HQ.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I saw one on my dealer's lot. They are real and they are spectacular.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
local utilities and businesses that are using the PRO for travel usage within a restricted local, such as a county, or small region, can certainly make easy use of the SR Battery Pack since they will be charging each night. Those with larger radius markets will likely go with the ER, or those who feel they may not be able to have charging access each day.

I think it's true, as we saw earlier several months ago when most all other orders were paused in order for a week or two build of ONLY Fleet orders, that FORD intends this to be a FLEET program truck trim, although mine is just as PERFECT as for a Retail owner. This is not 'old school' hard vinyl like you used to ride on the school bus, it is soft, comfortable seats, with a embossed design that feels just like my wife's leather interior Kia Sorento PHEV. I would not be able to tell the difference. The sound system, for me as a long-time musician, is great, and the smooth, almost 'cloud like' ride cannot be underestimated, for a TRUCK(!)... it IS all that Ford said it would be.

Ford F-150 Lightning PRO Model Makes Up 20% of F-150 Lightning Production Currently bTOP OF THE WORLD 3.JPG

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I'm not sure why you'd be negative, my comment is that the seats are much nicer and softer than people get the idea of when they see the words 'vinyl'. I much prefer them to cloth. They are very nice and worth the money.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
My dealer in Austin, TX, received 4 retail units for 2022. I was one of the first 1 or 2 to receive a retail truck.

Separately, by the time Iā€™d got my truck, my dealer had already delivered 40 fleet vehicles. I didnā€™t ask, but I assume most or all of those were Pro models.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Per Automotive News (via InsideEVs):

"Fleets we will look after; they are the core of our business. Even though we could sell more vehicles, more expensive, it's not about the short-term profit. We launched with them right at the beginning and we're giving them 20 percent all through." -- Darren Palmer, Ford's vice president of electric vehicle programs
When I was at the factory in April, they made it clear the first shipments would be Pro models. That's the exact opposite of what Tesla does. They always ship the most expensive ones first.

That's one of the reasons I love Ford. While they do make luxury models, that's not their backbone. The F-150 is the most popular vehicle in the world and most of them are to middle class Americans.

There's clearly a lot more profit in building $90,000 Platinums, but they're allocating 20% of the line to Pros.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
When I was at the factory in April, they made it clear the first shipments would be Pro models.
personally, I would guess the pros being referee to here are the large-batch fleet orders.

Such fleet are relatively profitable as I understand it, and it otherwise makes sense that they are shipping batch orders of 40 trucks plus E-Telemetrics software subscriptions, chargers, etc., first.

I donā€™t read that statement from Ford to be saying they are shipping the cheapest retail trucks to the most middle class of retail customers.

as said above, before my dealership ever received 1 of their 4 allotted units for 2022 (all Lariat SR or higher), they had already received and delivered 40 fleet units (presumably all pros)
Sponsored