• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Power on Board while driving

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
It does automatically shut down the bed outlets as soon as you remove the charging cable, so you’ll need to re-enable the pro-power outlets (and hit the start button) to begin re-using them
Sponsored

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, shopping for 2024 Flash
Occupation
Retired
I phoned Ford and talked to several departments about how what the manual calls the "onboard generator" works, like can it supply power to a trailer while the trailer is being towed, and what does the warning in the Owners Manual mean. This was before I read posts by owners saying they power trailers while towing no problem. I still wanted to know what the warning in the manual means. I eventually reached someone representing the "BEV" department who was said to know these things. He didn't have a clue, even as to whether the "onboard generator" can send power to a trailer that is being towed. He referred me to the dealer. The salesman at the dealer had no idea. I don't yet have possession of the Flash I have a purchase order for. Is Ford claiming we have to use Ford approved extension cords when sending power from the bed outlets to a trailer that we're towing?

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Power on Board while driving ProPower warnin

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I phoned Ford and talked to several departments about how what the manual calls the "onboard generator" works, like can it supply power to a trailer while the trailer is being towed, and what does the warning in the Owners Manual mean. This was before I read posts by owners saying they power trailers while towing no problem. I still wanted to know what the warning in the manual means. I eventually reached someone representing the "BEV" department who was said to know these things. He didn't have a clue, even as to whether the "onboard generator" can send power to a trailer that is being towed. He referred me to the dealer. The salesman at the dealer had no idea. I don't yet have possession of the Flash I have a purchase order for. Is Ford claiming we have to use Ford approved extension cords when sending power from the bed outlets to a trailer that we're towing?

ProPower warning.jpg
I don’t think Ford is claiming anything more than their lawyers require to keep them out of court. The system works just fine going down the road, but there are a number of safety considerations with running a cable like that. Nothing you can’t secure with a few zip ties, but you can bet someone will screw that up at some point.

Lawyers need to eat, too. 😁

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Does this also have freezer capability? Amazon descriptions are confusing. One part says freezerless capacity.
Yes, You can set the temp as low as -4dF. We traveled 3+ hours with Ice Cream in the cooler and it stayed perfectly frozen

i has 2 sections. The larger section stays the coldest. The smaller section no as cold so it acts like fringe in the small section.
Sponsored

Reactions: cal