• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I'm thinking with the Tow technology you'd get that 360 degree Camera right?
Correct. Also, having an ICE XLT with only backup camera (not even any sensors or alerts) you quickly get used to parking. Use your mirrors people! I use my side-views more than my camera
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Maybe its the rubber itself not being sticky enough, I truly don't know how to solve it, but it seems something is amiss. Could the power be applied slightly slower during the first half second of full throttle to the from motor? Not sure, but it just seems something could be tweaked to harness all of the power vs slipping a tire.

I need to be real, I'm only about saving the tire and being the first person off the green light, I doubt I'll have a problem with that.
Yes - stickier rubber or stickier pavement would reduce or eliminate it. Reducing power to the front (or ramping it slower) would also work, but would slow down the truck (~10% slip is best for acceleration). You could do this yourself if you are worried about tires - just don't push the go pedal all the way down!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Yes - stickier rubber or stickier pavement would reduce or eliminate it. Reducing power to the front (or ramping it slower) would also work, but would slow down the truck (~10% slip is best for acceleration). You could do this yourself if you are worried about tires - just don't push the go pedal all the way down!
Truly not worried about tires, will replace them more often if needed, I just want the best go for the truck it can provide.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Truly not worried about tires, will replace them more often if needed, I just want the best go for the truck it can provide.
I would say that is how it is tuned. Want to go faster, find the stickiest set of summer rubber that can take the weight. I get it, I plan to launch mine off the line every chance I get. Might even hit up the local drag strip.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I would say that is how it is tuned. Want to go faster, find the stickiest set of summer rubber that can take the weight. I get it, I plan to launch mine off the line every chance I get. Might even hit up the local drag strip.
I won't likely get to the strip, but I do want to buy a Dragy, just for the fun of it I guess. Truly I've only ever put full throttle in the Model 3 maybe 3 or 4 times in 4 years, but it is really just about knowing what it can do and it's fun to remind ourselves once in a while.

It won't usually take full throttle to be the first off the line at a green light in this truck, but there will be many many challenges.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I won't likely get to the strip, but I do want to buy a Dragy, just for the fun of it I guess. Truly I've only ever put full throttle in the Model 3 maybe 3 or 4 times in 4 years, but it is really just about knowing what it can do and it's fun to remind ourselves once in a while.

It won't usually take full throttle to be the first off the line at a green light in this truck, but there will be many many challenges.
Heh - I go max acceleration (no throttle - it isn't a throttle pedal!) in our Mach-e GT pretty much every time I take it out. When I go to get a kid from school, it is only about 3 miles away, I and I floor it at least 2-3 times on that drive!! :LOL:

A Camaro RS (V6) tried to challenge it on the highway the other day. That was fun!

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum

I don't know this as a fact, but I've always assumed the idea behind the "rolling start" was to avoid the tire chirp thing.

I was completely fine with the chirp, and in fact as I suggested, I was super happy about it. I don't intend to FLOOR IT, HAROLD every second, but it's fun to have it happen once in a while.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
That's the wrong side of Illinois unfortunately.

Sponsored