• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I don't recall all details, but I'm going to say likely no. I know the truck must be purchased in TX, as I was originally going to purchase in OK until I found about this and moved my order (well due to ADM at the OK dealer too.)

I believe it is for residents only, but please skim through the rules listed on the TCEQ page.
Language from the requirements section follows:

“The applicant must agree to register and operate the vehicle in Texas for not less than one calendar year (12 months) after the date of the purchase or lease.”

As an aside, I used to live in OKC, just outside the Village!
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thanks - I had forgotten, but recall that now, because although I don't figure my dealer will require the one year no sale clause and I don't believe any of us should have to sign such a thing, it probably won't be a big deal as I plan on keeping the year for this $2500.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Thanks muchos. Submitted Texas EV rebate reservations for Mach-E and Lightning. Drove to dealer (Chaparral Ford: Devine, Texas) and they filled out their portion and emailed both in. Chaparral is even submitting for their other EV customers with orders. Ford could really help us out by moving our production to earlier dates rather than later. Ford???

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Yes - be sure and check the form you have pulled down. There is a section on "How to Apply". You want the form for a reservation since we don't have our trucks yet. Here is a screen shot and I've attached the form I filled out, then sent to my dealer who sent it to the state.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 7.48.46 PM.png
Thank you! I submitted this form, we'll see what happens.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Anyone else getting your "reservation" information back from the state?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
@astricklin - are you aware of the rebate. See post #1.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Not sure but I’ll need it to help cover the ADM my dealer has… $10k. TriState in Amarillo. Wish Bob Tomes was a little closer and I would have tried to order through them.
Find another dealer, hell, drive to DFW if you'll save $10k. You can even get it delivered for much much less.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
@astricklin - are you aware of the rebate. See post #1.
Yes, I am aware, I believe this program has existed for some time. I honestly don't think I'm going to be able to get a truck with what's going on in my life now so I'll wait till I'm more certain.
I don't know if I'll get to order this summer or not. I have a super early reservation but right now I'm at a larger dealership. May move it back to the closer small one as they finally confirmed no adm for ordering.

roamtheworld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Just joined here as I want a Lightning and we are new Mach E owners as of May 14, 2022.
I applied on Monday 16th after buying our Mach E and received this in reply on May 27th.
"Hello,
We have received your application and it is in the que to be assigned to someone for review. If there is anything missing or if we need additional information, we will contact you by email.

Although applications and reservations may still be submitted while the program is open, please be aware that since opening on October 28, 2021, the program has received a vigorous response. The number of applications already received is expected to exceed the statutory limit of 2,000 awards available under the Hydrogen and Electric allocation and applications not yet received face diminishing odds of being funded.
Respectfully,
TERP Design and Coordination Team"

Good luck to anyone applying since they used the word vigorous in the email I'm guessing our chances are slim. When I applied it stated less than 500 completed applications on the website.

• Sad
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Thanks for this update. They've added additional counters to their site showing the total number they have received and the reservations they have accepted too. Sad there are only 2000 of these available.

Ford F-150 Lightning PSA - Texas $2500 EV Rebate - YOU NEED TO ACT NOW! 1654031822945

Sponsored

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2022 Lightning XLT XR
I sent mine on 5/24 and have not received a response. What's the correct email for them? [email protected] is what I used

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I sent mine on 5/24 and have not received a response. What's the correct email for them? [email protected] is what I used
That is the same email my dealer used. I believe the reservation form must be sent by your dealer. You can prefill the form and provide to them if that helps. The other bad news is it looks like they are at the 2000 limit from those already awarded, the reservations they have granted and the backlog.

I would send it in anyway, to be in the queue and I guess we could always hope the program might get more funding in some way.

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They just responded to me asking about status update. They said it can take up to two weeks.

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got an email with the reservation ID. I submitted, not the dealer.

• Love

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Too late! Just got email saying their are exhausted
Sponsored

• Sad