• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I have actually received the Texas $2,500 EV rebate twice, once on a 2015 Ford Fusion Energi and once on a 2018 Nissan Leaf. I was not able to receive the rebate when I leased my 2019 Kia Niro EV because the program wasn't funded in 2019. Since I knew I wouldn't get my F150L until 2023 or even 2024 and the deadline for submitting applications is 7-JAN-23, I didn't think the current Texas EV rebate would be available for the F150L I have reserved.

The NoR for the program states that, "The applicant must have purchased or leased the vehicle, taken possession of the vehicle, and applied for or acquired title and registration of the vehicle in Texas" so I don't think just having a Texas EV rebate reservation on the due date is going to do you much good. The best I can hope for now is that the Texas EV rebate program gets refunded for a time period covering the date I take delivery of the F150L. I think Texas needs to fund the program every year and increase the application limit for EVs.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Rebates all gone. My son "reserved" a rebate when he got his Mach-E VIN in mid-May. Then submitted the rebate last week after delivery. Got a response today that all rebates have already been claimed. When he reserved, the web site showed rebates available but I guess reservations don't matter - kinda like the Lightning.

• Wow
Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Wow - I'm going to be pissed. I also have a reservation that is supposed to be held until August 15. I just got my dealer signature today and I was going to scan it and send it in tonight.

The reservations have a date on them, did his date pass?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Wow - I'm going to be pissed. I also have a reservation that is supposed to be held until August 15. I just got my dealer signature today and I was going to scan it and send it in tonight.

The reservations have a date on them, did his date pass?
No, his date had not passed. I seem to remember he had until Aug 15th to turn it in but I'll check.

EDIT: So his June 6th reservation said he was good until Sep 9th. Note the TCEQ website says that no more applications are being taken. Original reservation indicated grants were going fast and there was no guarantee the reservation would result in a rebate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
It finally came through. I had a reservation from early in the year, submitted paperwork in early August, a couple of weeks after delivery and the check finally arrived the week of Thanksgiving.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Anybody have any idea when or if this program is going to be funded again?

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Anybody have any idea when or if this program is going to be funded again?
I haven't heard anything about it. Since TX finally got the EV road tax passed, I don't see them continuing to fund rebates. I do know they are truly two different things, but haven't heard a thing about any further rebates.
Sponsored