• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Question about Pre-heating truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
how do you keep the note in the sketch mode? Mine shuts off to a blank screen after a few minutes
never done it myself, another forum member shared that tip with me actually

I assumed since the screen stays on when the truck is on that it would stay on the sketch pad. Now I need to test 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
TNVolFan

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Stanard Range
What is Sketch mode on the Lightning?

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
What is Sketch mode on the Lightning?
XLT does not have it, it is in the screen only trim levels, not ours with HVAC controls.

I never check precondition when not plugged in, especially now with our cold blast. Make sure when you set a schedule you pick the temp, warm is working very well for me in Huntsville.

Sponsored

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
Teslas approach is Modes for everything.

Fords approach is Truck On Truck Off.

Remote start can be set up to put climate on Auto (heats if cold, cools if hot) or to use last climate setting. Seats will heat or cool if equipped automatically

if you are out running errands and want to “Keep Climate” Mode while you run in the shops. Just leave the truck ON, get out and lock the door. The truck will not shift out of Park if there is no key (or phone) present in the truck (in case someone broke in).

Truck will automatically fully shut down after 30 min unless you go in settings and switch off the vehicle shutdown timer. The shutdown timer reactivates with every key cycle.

This is also Dog Mode and camp mode. For dog mode just open the Sketch app on the screen and write a clever note explaining Dog Mode is on

I have a front and rear dash cam that is wired to the review mirror for power. So it is recording whenever the truck is on. So leaving the truck ON is also Sentry Mode for me.
I had not thought about the "Keep Climate" option--great idea. Here in the frozen tundra of the northeast it sometimes makes a lot of sense to leave the car "running" when you dash into a store and it's subzero. I will do this!!

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I had not thought about the "Keep Climate" option--great idea. Here in the frozen tundra of the northeast it sometimes makes a lot of sense to leave the car "running" when you dash into a store and it's subzero. I will do this!!
I leave mine on a lot. Note that you can update a setting so that it doesn't honk at you when you walk away with the key.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I leave mine on a lot. Note that you can update a setting so that it doesn't honk at you when you walk away with the key.
What is this setting? I looked all over for it and couldn’t find it?

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
What is this setting? I looked all over for it and couldn’t find it?
Look for Key Detection Alert
Here is an image I borrowed from a post elsewhere
Ford F-150 Lightning Question about Pre-heating truck 1705540552370

I have the 12 inch screen on my XLT so it looks different but the option exists.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I thought that was just if you left a key inside the truck while running? which I would find helpful.

I don’t want it to beep when it is running and there is no key inside.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Ford F-150 Lightning Question about Pre-heating truck IMG_8294
When I first set up this feature, my wife looked out your kitchen window saw the lit up tail lights and said, “Your truck lights are on, was they on all night?”

Me, “No, that’s my departure time setting kicked in to warm up the truck.”

she loves the prewar Ed sets when we head to the ranch on Saturday morning., As do I.
Sponsored