• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I'd caution that you have no idea of the actual impact since you haven't done a controlled test. Clearly, reducing 52 pounds doesn't result in your efficiency going from 2.8 to 3.8, a 36% increase. Temp changes could account for the differences, and the highway shows you that it's not different, possibly. I'm not expert on sprung vs. unsprung weight, or rotational impact, but nobody is getting a 36% increase in efficiency by using lighter wheels.
If it were that easy, I am sure Ford would have done it and advertised a 400 mile range. Or given us a 36% smaller battery.
Sponsored

sr3jan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat
Thanks for this. I've been strongly considering those steps. If not Amp then who? I like the look of these and their reviews for the ICE version seem solid.

As for the amp steps. They are the dual motor ones. I had to relocate the ABS module by drilling a new hole in the frame and also grind away a useless metal tab as well as push and zip tie the large HV line up about 1/4” to clear. Everything else was plug and play.

I will say Amp sucks in re to customer service. If I had it to do again, I would not buy thier product.

After seeing what can be done, I pulled the trigger and bought the steps. At the wire box, I tapped the incorrect wire, green with a blue stripe was a difficult find and I mistook it for green with purple. I called Amp to get some help and the self proclaimed “Lead Tech” said “It does NOT work, we have a Lightning in the shop right now and it ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WORK” and he was kind of a prick when he said it.

Well that’s a lie. Another forum member here pointed me to my folly and lo and behold! Viola! I was sure to post a video on thier FB page calling them out. Anyway. Amp sucks. But…..if you do want them, get ahold of Realtruck and they will give you a nice discount.