• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Aftermarket wheels & tires - feedback?

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I’m leveled on Eibach fronts, 20” Rapid Wheels with a +18 offset and Cooper AT3’s in stock size. I’ve lost roughly 6% range or roughly 30 miles.

I am planning on going back to stock, but before I do that I am will see what lowering the rear to stock levels does to range with wheels and tires.

If you don’t commute or take long trips then I think leveling and aftermarket wheels/tires should be fine. But losing range is pretty much working against me. Maybe we need better designed “Aero” truck wheels.
Was it necessary for you to level in order to avoid rubbing? Or did you just do it for the looks?
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Was it necessary for you to level in order to avoid rubbing? Or did you just do it for the looks?
Just got looks. Fitment works on stock suspension.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Just got looks. Fitment works on stock suspension.
Awesome! I am thinking about doing the same size wheel as you (20x9 +18os) and increasing tire width just a bit to 285/60r20. Sounds like this would also work without modifying suspension (but let me know if you think otherwise).
I'm curious - on your set up do your tires protrude past the top of the fender? If so, how much?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Awesome! I am thinking about doing the same size wheel as you (20x9 +18os) and increasing tire width just a bit to 285/60r20. Sounds like this would also work without modifying suspension (but let me know if you think otherwise).
I'm curious - on your set up do your tires protrude past the top of the fender? If so, how much?
Yes they protruded, a good amount I would say

Ford F-150 Lightning Aftermarket wheels & tires - feedback? B9D1F8BE-BC2D-46A3-8FE8-DDDA91B3EEC7

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Yes they protruded, a good amount I would say

B9D1F8BE-BC2D-46A3-8FE8-DDDA91B3EEC7.jpeg
Pretty sweet how the blue in the wheel ties in with the blue in the Lightning badge. Would you mind sharing a photo that shows the side profile (standing in front of the front wheel)? Much appreciated either way.

Sponsored

bryko

First Name
bryko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, '22 Corolla, '13 Escape
Occupation
Engineer

mcanup

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Home Builder
I leveled my truck and put on some Venomrex 20" wheels and some Toyo Open Country ATII 34s...aftermarket wheel and tire combo weighs 0.6lb less that stock 22" setup. Have noticed MAYBE a 3% difference in range
That turned out great!...I'm trying to decide on wheel color.....My lightning is the same color. Looks great.

Question....after the level...did you have to do any type of recalibration for the sensors, cameras, blue cruise etc?

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, 2021 GT500, 2017 Focus RS
Occupation
Sales
That turned out great!...I'm trying to decide on wheel color.....My lightning is the same color. Looks great.

Question....after the level...did you have to do any type of recalibration for the sensors, cameras, blue cruise etc?
Everything worked great on mine...nothing needed to be recalibrated.

mcanup

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Home Builder

What is your total weight now of your wheel/tire combination?

MattXD

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Everything worked great on mine...nothing needed to be recalibrated.
My friend might like the looks as well. We'll work on his new Lightning platinum project next year once we're done with the Wrangler. The suspension, winch, and jeep wheels are on the mail so we could mount them before the year ends. He's still debating between venomrex and fuel rebel wheels.

Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
I’m leveled on Eibach fronts, 20” Rapid Wheels with a +18 offset and Cooper AT3’s in stock size. I’ve lost roughly 6% range or roughly 30 miles.
I am contemplating a similar set up, but the only Rapids I can find have a +12 offset, which matches the offset I was thinking. I saw your pic later in this thread showing the poke that your set up gives you and that is what I am looking for. Can you confirm if your offset is +18 or +12? I guess its only mm so probably doesn't matter...

Also, can you provide more info on the Eibach front components? Do they help with the "boaty" feel? Some folks on the forum have mentioned that the Fox 2.0's helped with the "boaty" feel, and made the truck feel more "grounded", but then they promptly took them off because it didn't give them the clearance needed because the coilovers weren't rated for the weight of the Lightning and they were throwing on bigger tires and needed that clearance.

I've not lifted a truck before (other than a puck lift on a Ridgeline), and not sure what to think about Coilovers; any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I am contemplating a similar set up, but the only Rapids I can find have a +12 offset, which matches the offset I was thinking. I saw your pic later in this thread showing the poke that your set up gives you and that is what I am looking for. Can you confirm if your offset is +18 or +12? I guess its only mm so probably doesn't matter...

Also, can you provide more info on the Eibach front components? Do they help with the "boaty" feel? Some folks on the forum have mentioned that the Fox 2.0's helped with the "boaty" feel, and made the truck feel more "grounded", but then they promptly took them off because it didn't give them the clearance needed because the coilovers weren't rated for the weight of the Lightning and they were throwing on bigger tires and needed that clearance.

I've not lifted a truck before (other than a puck lift on a Ridgeline), and not sure what to think about Coilovers; any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Yeah that was my mistake, it is a +12. In this thread there is more information on the Eibach. It does take care of the floaty ride and is a Lightning specific setup.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ought-and-installed-the-eibach-pro-kit.18065/

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I leveled my truck and put on some Venomrex 20" wheels and some Toyo Open Country ATII 34s...aftermarket wheel and tire combo weighs 0.6lb less that stock 22" setup. Have noticed MAYBE a 3% difference in range
Wow 3%

I lost 30%

18inxh wheels with 33 inch tires. And a level
Sponsored