• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote start and profiles

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone else experienced the following:

- Drive truck and park at event for for about 3 hours
- Remote start from the app.m on return
- Unlock vehicle, hop in and start up
- find that the seat has moved back for the east exit feature which I have turned off. Also stereo presets and all other settings are all reset.
- Find that they are not reset per se, but instead during the auto start apparently switches to the generic or guest profile and not my own - explaining the change in settings.

All of this with the same fob. Iā€™ve actually only used one fob so far with the truck. No PAAK to setup on my early build. The truck never auto switches between profiles during regular use, but does it every time with remote start. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Hit memory button 1 on door.

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I've experienced the same. Selecting my profile on the door fixed it as @RickLightning notes, but I think your point is we shouldn't have to. Just because the truck was started remotely should not prevent it from selecting driver profile 1 when I unlock with the fob tied to that profile.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mach-E works the same. Your phone canā€™t tell which fob is in your pocket! šŸ˜‰

Youd think is should work when using PAAK, but it doesnā€™t.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Mach-E works the same. Your phone canā€™t tell which fob is in your pocket! šŸ˜‰

Youd think is should work when using PAAK, but it doesnā€™t.
Don't have PAAK yet, but I would 100% expect PAAK to know profile. In the profile of the truck is where Add a Phone is located. Seems it should be tied to the profile. Ah the little misses of Ford.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Don't have PAAK yet, but I would 100% expect PAAK to know profile. In the profile of the truck is where Add a Phone is located. Seems it should be tied to the profile. Ah the little misses of Ford.
It should be fixable with an updateā€¦ā€¦someday.

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
OP
OP

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Glad to know Iā€™m not alone and that our Mach-E friends get the same experience. Certainly not an ā€œissueā€ as the profile is quick to come back as others have noted, but seems a bit odd to not at least stay on the last profile pre remote start. Oh well.

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
I just pressed remote start for the first time in 4,500 miles. It seemed like that erased all vehicle settings which is dumb. But, I guess it's this profile thing.

It also forgot where "home" was. What use case does Ford have in mind for different profiles that don't live at the same house?

Great Software!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I just pressed remote start for the first time in 4,500 miles. It seemed like that erased all vehicle settings which is dumb. But, I guess it's this profile thing.

It also forgot where "home" was. What use case does Ford have in mind for different profiles that don't live at the same house?

Great Software!
There are some serious shortcomings with Ford. Just press the appropriate profile button once you get in the truck.
Sponsored