• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reset Network Settings? Connectivity issues

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I had some home wifi dhcp issues (long story) that have caused the truck to get handed an IP on the wrong VLAN/Subnet. In trying to troubleshoot I cant seem to get the truck to detect any WIFI networks now and worse than that the Satellite/Cellular it uses for Fordpass when not on WIFI doesnt seem to be working as my Fordpass has not "seen" the truck for 16 hours. Is there anyway to just Reset Network settings? Any other suggestions?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had some home wifi dhcp issues (long story) that have caused the truck to get handed an IP on the wrong VLAN/Subnet. In trying to troubleshoot I cant seem to get the truck to detect any WIFI networks now and worse than that the Satellite/Cellular it uses for Fordpass when not on WIFI doesnt seem to be working as my Fordpass has not "seen" the truck for 16 hours. Is there anyway to just Reset Network settings? Any other suggestions?
Hi there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to look into your connectivity concerns on my end.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Hi there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to look into your connectivity concerns on my end.
Similar issue here. Truck does not see any WiFi networks and is not connecting via its built in modem, either. Remote charging status not updated since 2 days ago. In the truck, attempting to open the Network Connectivity menu gives an error that network connectivity is not available now and to try back later.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Mine fixed itself after approximately 24 hours… I’m not really sure what the deal was

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Mine fixed itself after approximately 24 hours… I’m not really sure what the deal was
This morning, mine had still not connected. But after I drove it to the shop and parked for a while, I noticed the app shows it had updated the battery status. So I tried remote start and that also worked. Strange.

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Continued intermittent connectivity.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
While wirelessly connected to Android Auto, the truck seems to not be able to find wifi (at least mine couldn't). Try turning off wifi on your phone and try again.

If that doesn't work, I've had success with similar issues by disconnecting the negative terminal on the LVB and plugging it back in.
Sponsored