• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Looks like a Saleen customized F-150 Lightning -- tweeted by Mark Levine today

Ford F-150 Lightning Saleen F150 Lightning first look w/ Raptor front suspension & fenders + custom rear suspension and offroad tires Saleen F150 Lightnin

More info and pics by @Rancheroni (see his post below)

I was actually at KoH (King of Hammers) on Wednesday for the Optima Unplugged. I was the only Lightning in a sea of Rivians lol. Saw this Saleen Lightning in person. It's definitely a Pro with vinyl seats. But has the lightbar added.

Talked to the Saleen guy.

It's got the front shocks/suspension from the raptor. Direct bolt on but needed a different sized axle.

The rear suspension was custom. The fenders were also from raptor. Nothing else done to the drivetrain.

Ford F-150 Lightning Saleen F150 Lightning first look w/ Raptor front suspension & fenders + custom rear suspension and offroad tires 20230208_151018-

Ford F-150 Lightning Saleen F150 Lightning first look w/ Raptor front suspension & fenders + custom rear suspension and offroad tires 20230208_151029-
Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Those look like raptor fenders and they look great! Wonder how much modifying they are having to do to get them to work? Thanks for the post🤙🏼

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Looks like a Saleen customized F-150 Lightning -- tweeted by Mark Levine today

Saleen F150 Lightning.jpeg

That's a Pro (Charge Port badge)!

With a Lightbar...hmmm.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
That's a Pro (Charge Port badge)!

With a Lightbar...hmmm.
Not the Pro grille anyway. Looks like it's more XLT than Pro... They could have been supplied a mix of parts or trim pieces. We can only guess how they worked with Ford or other partners to source the truck for this.

....Seats appear to be the Pro seats.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Pro Door Handles and Mirrors. I bet they swapped on an XLT Grill with Lightbar.
Yeah, I was amending my post above noting the seats look like Pro seats when your reply came through... Like you say, probably just a grille swap... probably for the light bar.

Rancheroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco 4D
I was actually at KoH (King of Hammers) on Wednesday for the Optima Unplugged. I was the only Lightning in a sea of Rivians lol. Saw this Saleen Lightning in person. It's definitely a Pro with vinyl seats. But has the lightbar added.

It's got the front shocks/suspension from the raptor. Direct bolt on but needed a different sized axle.

The rear suspension was custom. The fenders were also from raptor. Nothing else done to the drivetrain.

Ford F-150 Lightning Saleen F150 Lightning first look w/ Raptor front suspension & fenders + custom rear suspension and offroad tires 20230208_151018

Ford F-150 Lightning Saleen F150 Lightning first look w/ Raptor front suspension & fenders + custom rear suspension and offroad tires 20230208_151029

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I find it sad that they swap out the whole suspension instead of just upgrading from the OEM Lightning suspension. Kind of makes you think Ford should have just used the Raptor instead of reinventing everything.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Rancheroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco 4D
Was the lightbar functional?
I didn't see it on, but it was also in a hot, sunny desert during the middle of the day. I was mostly looking at the graphics and wheels/lift. I'm 95% sure it was functional, considering it's a promo vehicle and probably debuts in dark/indoor scenarios as well.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I didn't see it on, but it was also in a hot, sunny desert during the middle of the day. I was mostly looking at the graphics and wheels/lift. I'm 95% sure it was functional, considering it's a promo vehicle and probably debuts in dark/indoor scenarios as well.
Hmmm, been waiting for someone to give confirmation of activation of the Lightbar on a Pro (Forscan settings).

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician

20230208_151018.jpg

20230208_151029.jpg
How was the course in the Lightning ?
I was thinking about going to this but forgot all about it.
Sponsored