• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I don’t know about the front light bar, but I do know this: I removed the rear tail light assembly hoping to upgrade the reverse light LEDs as I would in prior F150s, only to find the new tail light assemblies are now sealed unit.

If even the tail light assemblies are a sealed unit, I can’t imagine the front light bar is any different - especially since the front light bar includes two pieces that part of the headlight assembly (I haven’t taken those out yet, but would be surprised to find them different from the tail light assembly).

As soon as I say all this someone more brace than me is going to bust into the tail light assembly to find the guts are somehow able to be altered - but even then, I can’t imagine it will be like the old plug-and-play LEDs with aftermarket options for a still unicorn truck.
When I took apart the front of my Lightning to add in the emblem, the light bar did indeed appear to be a sealed unit. That being said, some enterprising capitalist could make one that is Bluetooth connected and sell it for a few hundred bucks to us. Make a killing at it too.

The reverse lights also appear to be sealed, like most any other LED unit. I opted for a set of lights from 4x4truckleds.com that just plugged into the trailer hitch assembly. Quite impressive, and they tap into the zone lighting feature too so I have plenty of light behind me if needed.
Sponsored

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
When I took apart the front of my Lightning to add in the emblem, the light bar did indeed appear to be a sealed unit. That being said, some enterprising capitalist could make one that is Bluetooth connected and sell it for a few hundred bucks to us. Make a killing at it too.

The reverse lights also appear to be sealed, like most any other LED unit. I opted for a set of lights from 4x4truckleds.com that just plugged into the trailer hitch assembly. Quite impressive, and they tap into the zone lighting feature too so I have plenty of light behind me if needed.
Would you mind linking to the lights you chose that plugged into the trailer hitch assembly? I’m also curious if you have any problems with the truck thinking a trailer is attached when it is only lights. That and “bulb out” are my problems with the current hitch light I have. If I can figure out how the lights from 4xtruckleds.com works than I can probably modify my light.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Would you mind linking to the lights you chose that plugged into the trailer hitch assembly?
I second this

also, I have a pair of Dually D2 led blocks I’m wondering where I might fit on the truck for maximum annoyance

when I was a kid, 17, I had an old 4Runner with the roll-down back window, tinted deep black. Inside, mounted to the roll bar, where two massive halogen beams pointed directly out the back window. If someone was tailgating me at night, they’d see the back window roll down then … they wouldn’t see again for several seconds

dumb kid sh*t

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would you mind linking to the lights you chose that plugged into the trailer hitch assembly? I’m also curious if you have any problems with the truck thinking a trailer is attached when it is only lights. That and “bulb out” are my problems with the current hitch light I have. If I can figure out how the lights from 4xtruckleds.com works than I can probably modify my light.
I had the same concern with the trailer attachment. But, the set I bought HERE include wire bundle harness to tap into the trailer hitch, and then go to the lights. So it is plug and play and no alert that the truck is attached to a trailer.

There was no modification at all needed. The only issue I had was getting the connector off of the back side of the trailer switch. Tight spot and pressing the clip release and pulling was tough. No need to tap into the wires, just plug the new light harness between the trailer connector and the harness from the truck itself and it worked light butter.

The lights themselves have a metal bracket that bolts through existing holes of the rear bumper assembly too. The only tool needed was a socket set and wrench to tighten the bolts on the lights themselves.

I am quite happy with the lights.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I second this

also, I have a pair of Dually D2 led blocks I’m wondering where I might fit on the truck for maximum annoyance

when I was a kid, 17, I had an old 4Runner with the roll-down back window, tinted deep black. Inside, mounted to the roll bar, where two massive halogen beams pointed directly out the back window. If someone was tailgating me at night, they’d see the back window roll down then … they wouldn’t see again for several seconds

dumb kid sh*t
See my post to citizen. And I would love that option for the twit tailgaters. I'll have to see if the zone lighting works when I am driving sometime. LOL.

Stupid adult sh*t.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
Where is the install video @Intellibeam
Uploading now, only had to cut it into pieces then stitch them all together... It will be live at 6PM EST on our YouTube channel and I'l post a new thread here with it.

OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver