• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Special Notes on new order

Gazoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Powerboost HEV
Occupation
Retired
I special ordered a 2022 F-150 Lariat to replace my totaled 2021. (long story, don't ask). On my 2021 Special Order I was able to tell the dealer to put in a note to NOT have the box side decals (FX4) put on. The dealer for my 2022 order can't find where to put that special note for my order. Has anyone encountered a "special note" condition so I can tell the dealer where to look for it?
Sponsored

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
For years there has been a code to delete exterior decals which I use all the time. Never heard of a note section, just shows dealers dont know what they are doing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Huh. I didn't know that was an option. I was just going to ask my dealer to remove them.

If you already have a VIN, is this something that can still be requested?

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I would think your dealer would just remove them for you if they couldn’t find the box.

Or a hair dryer and 15 minutes of your time.

OP
OP

Gazoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Powerboost HEV
Occupation
Retired
I do not have a VIN yet as my order is less than a week old. Unfortunately, I am not using the same dealer since I am not in the area. My dealer can't seem to find where to put a request like that on his order page. I did receive the 2021 vehicle however without decals. I might have to resort to removing with hair-dryer if I can't get the dealer to do that on prep.
FYI -- contacting Ford.com representative is in my opinion futile. The reps do not know anything. Doesn't matter what you ask

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I don't think you can delete them from the order they will need to be removed. Like stated above 5 min with a hair dryer and their off, I did mine but sure your dealer could do it as well.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I didn’t even need a hair dryer for mine. Just pulled them off slowly and evenly and they came off in 1 piece and left no residue

Snickerdoodle

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
There is a "Remarks" box on Fords in dealer (WBDO) Ordering system if they ordered under "Retail" and not "Stock"

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster
Your truck, your money but I think you're lowering the value just a little by doing that..
Sponsored