• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Lightning grill

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
There is definitely a market need for grill replacements! Oh, you're right! No camera either! good catch!

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I don’t have front facing camera. Someone should start a go-fund-me so I can test it out

Sponsored

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
I don't love it but at least someone's doing *something*. I photoshopped the eBay grill onto this old stock photo to see what it looked like since there are no pics in the auction on a truck, and then I did another where I added the Raptor letters. That's what I want; a Raptor-looking grill for my Zaptor... but this isn't quite it IMO...

Ford F-150 Lightning New Lightning grill Ford1

Ford F-150 Lightning New Lightning grill Ford1_edited-1

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Says it comes with or without Letters.

Not sure I’ld pull the trigger on this one either. It comes with FRDO letters, I’ld rather have one that spells FORD…🤣😂

Ford F-150 Lightning New Lightning grill 1703287224975

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I don't love it but at least someone's doing *something*. I photoshopped the eBay grill onto this old stock photo to see what it looked like since there are no pics in the auction on a truck, and then I did another where I added the Raptor letters. That's what I want; a Raptor-looking grill for my Zaptor... but this isn't quite it IMO...
i think the amber lights might actually look better without the light bar…they kind of serve the same purpose.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Says it comes with or without Letters.

Not sure I’ld pull the trigger on this one either. It comes with FRDO letters, I’ld rather have one that spells FORD…🤣😂
Either they need to pay Ford for the use or you need to buy it from Ford. Ford will always get there money in the end…

Look at that music fan that was sued by the music artist lawyers (unknowingly). All because she sold things on Amazon with the artists likeness/pictures.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat

Ford1.jpg

Ford1_edited-1.jpg
Nice photoshop work sir.

And, that Raptor grill would be cool.
Wonder what it would look like with other names:

051-F LIGHTNING 580 HP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
There needs to be some aftermarket options, and it would be even easier to replace them on an ICE because it literally pops out, but honestly the stock girl looks really good. I have a lariat and I hated the gray grill so I had it vinyl wrapped in gloss black and I couldn't be happier with it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So I could have the history wrong, but is/was the Raptor the first to have the 3 lights up front in the grill? I've seen others add lights like that to a Toyota or other brand, this grill has 4. However I'm not sure why you try to mimic that or maybe I'm missing what the lights are for other than recognition of a Raptor.

To say the least, I don't get copying that and making a truly look like something it is not.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
So I could have the history wrong, but is/was the Raptor the first to have the 3 lights up front in the grill? I've seen others add lights like that to a Toyota or other brand, this grill has 4. However I'm not sure why you try to mimic that or maybe I'm missing what the lights are for other than recognition of a Raptor.

To say the least, I don't get copying that and making a truly look like something it is not.
Those amber lamps are called "Front Identification Lamps" and they are NHTSA mandated for commercial vehicles and vehicles of a certain width. Raptor happens to be wide enough to need them, so was one of the first consumer vehicles to display them. Not really mimicry of the Raptor since there were plenty of other trucks using them already, so I don't think it's treading on toes... https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/standards/conspicuity/TBMpstr.html

EDIT to add: This is interesting, I dug further and the Front Identification lights are supposed to be applied to any vehicle 80 inches wide or wider... guess how wide Lightning is? Exactly 80 inches *with no mirrors on it at all*. Even with the mirrors folded, it's 83.6 inches, so not sure why we DON'T have them! https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...-lightning/pdf/F-150_Lightning_Tech_Specs.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited: