• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

trailcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - Lariat ER
I had this done yesterday. Tint master used "Luxe light wrap". He struggled with it but I am glad to be rid of the fluorescent light bulb look.

20230810_161300.jpg
That lightbar wrap looks really nice! Were there any areas that the wrap could not cover? Also, do you know which luxe light wrap they used?
Sponsored

strmwzrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
There are small areas in the crannies that are not tinted but it takes some searching to see. Even so the broad picture is what I wanted.

As far a tint color, I don't know but it's not super dark. I sent a question to the tint master. At night the light still shines through reasonably bright.

strmwzrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Here's the night version... The tint guy never responded with the color.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tinted front light bar on F150 Lightning using special tint made for lights 20230906_201913

trailcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - Lariat ER
No problem and thanks for sending the night photo. Can't even tell there's tint on it!

Sponsored

strmwzrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
It certainly surprised me. Based on the colors for Lux Lightwrap I think it's probably "Mid Smoke." Depending on the color of your truck you may even want the "Light Smoke" but even the dark probably still shines through...

Roundeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F150 Lightning
Has anybody ever seen the lightbar tint done on a Star White Metallic? Better yet, got pics of it? I'm debating whether to tint only the center of the lightbar or the entire thing; a bit worried about the contrast and a resulting mustache look as another member called it; I feel like just the center section might look better.

On another note, it's shocking to me that no aftermarket options exist... the lightbar cheapens an otherwise great looking truck.

Marty80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ā€™ Lightning Platinum
Just to confirm, did we know if the Lux lightwrap on Tom's truck is medium or dark smoke? I like the look of it but would not want it to come up gray ish on a black truck

williethawkins

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Vehicle wraps
Just to confirm, did we know if the Lux lightwrap on Tom's truck is medium or dark smoke? I like the look of it but would not want it to come up gray ish on a black truck
Looks like mid smoke. Light smoke is barely anything and dark smoke is much darker but they will all look gray next to black. I do vinyl wraps for a living and use this film on a regular basis.

Marty80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ā€™ Lightning Platinum
Thanks for the info @williethawkins! Iā€™ve ordered dark smoke prior to reading your post šŸ˜¬ You have any idea if light will shine through at night like @strmwzrd or it will be coming out yellowish?

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 āš”XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
I thought about doing this, but my local wrap tent guys donā€™t have the ā€œLightā€ wrap, only the regular wrap and wanted $350. So, figured most of us probably bought the truck for this light-bar. If we didnā€™t like it we would have gone for full hybrid F150 instead. Lol. Keep shining!

Ford F-150 Lightning Tinted front light bar on F150 Lightning using special tint made for lights IMG_5641
Sponsored