• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

tommolog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Journalist
Looks awesome @tommolog!

What product did you use? Did you do it yourself or take it to a shop? Thinking about doing this with our carbonized gray Lightning.
I actually had it done at a shop that always tints my windows. I don't have the patience (probably or the skills) for that.
I'm in Northern NJ. Would you recommend the person that did the tint?
Yes, but I don't know if he would want to do another one! It took him all day and he said it was way harder than he expected. You can try though. Custom Concepts in Montclair, 973.783.2007. Tell Darrell I sent you. :)
Sponsored

fafafoooey

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I actually had it done at a shop that always tints my windows. I don't have the patience (probably or the skills) for that.

Yes, but I don't know if he would want to do another one! It took him all day and he said it was way harder than he expected. You can try though. Custom Concepts in Montclair, 973.783.2007. Tell Darrell I sent you. :)
Tom, could you find out what the tint brand is? I want to check with my tint place to see if he has anything comparable.

Thanks and it does look really good.

My wife wants me to look into this for hers.

tommolog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Journalist
Tom, could you find out what the tint brand is? I want to check with my tint place to see if he has anything comparable.

Thanks and it does look really good.

My wife wants me to look into this for hers.
The product he used is: Luxe lightWrap tint

asten

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
The product he used is: Luxe lightWrap tint
Tom, would you post a few pics at night with light bar illuminated through the tint, or maybe a short video? Looks awesome!

Sponsored

vagabond7846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I brought my truck to a tint shop yesterday. I showed the inside evs article and explained the job. He attempted to use an exterior tinted vinyl wrap. After 2 hours he gave up and wouldn’t do the job. He said he couldn’t do it in a single piece and this would result in overlaps of material, which became very obvious when the light is on.

I’m going to try another tint shop. If I can’t get it done, I may try the duplicolor spray (as done here )

fafafoooey

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Tom, would you post a few pics at night with light bar illuminated through the tint, or maybe a short video? Looks awesome!
Look at beginning of the thread.

tommolog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Journalist
How's this:

Sponsored

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
I brought my truck to a tint shop yesterday. I showed the inside evs article and explained the job. He attempted to use an exterior tinted vinyl wrap. After 2 hours he gave up and wouldn’t do the job. He said he couldn’t do it in a single piece and this would result in overlaps of material, which became very obvious when the light is on.

I’m going to try another tint shop. If I can’t get it done, I may try the duplicolor spray (as done here )
So the twitter feed isn't a duplicolor smoke spray on and that's it? I wonder how long that will last...

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Interested to hear from all the members who got the front bar tinted/painted. I know the following members got their front bar done:

@It's Just Me
@tommolog
@FordTough98198
@hoovertac

Anyone else? @vagabond7846 did you end up getting it done?

For those that got it done, how do you like it? Would you have done something different? Do you mind giving more details on exactly how it was done and the cost? I think many of us are considering getting it done....

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
@Simpso57 I didn’t like it and I did something different. Had them strip off the tint and then redo it by blacking out all of the top and bottom surfaces leaving only the front facing part of the bar white. Then they clear coated the whole thing and now I absolutely love it!!
Ford F-150 Lightning Tinted front light bar on F150 Lightning using special tint made for lights F261AC96-1F4E-41C9-8E72-3CFA1A319C75

Ford F-150 Lightning Tinted front light bar on F150 Lightning using special tint made for lights 3DB4D96D-354E-4EFA-9071-91F93E2C8C88

Ford F-150 Lightning Tinted front light bar on F150 Lightning using special tint made for lights FD8EBD32-AF63-4987-A0C0-952E1C6CAD46

Ford F-150 Lightning Tinted front light bar on F150 Lightning using special tint made for lights ADCF6B0B-2884-4167-ACC7-AF6C38CCBD69

Ford F-150 Lightning Tinted front light bar on F150 Lightning using special tint made for lights F1D83388-11ED-419C-800F-18F547F4C5FD

hoovertac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD MME Extended Range
Occupation
Crisis Counselor
I’m really happy with it. No regrets.
While I’m a fan of the wrap around front light, the tint blends it in and makes it less of a standout feature. Plus it still illuminates at night so it’s kind of the best of both worlds.

vagabond7846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Interested to hear from all the members who got the front bar tinted/painted. I know the following members got their front bar done:

Anyone else? @vagabond7846 did you end up getting it done?
I took it to one tint shop and they were unable to do the job. They tried to use an external tinted wrap, but they said they were unable to get it to adhere to all the corners/bends. I still want to get this done, but I have to find another shop willing to try it. If anyone knows a place in NJ (central jersey preferred, monmouth county), I'd love to get this done.
Sponsored