• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Start/stop noises: is it normal?

chirocam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner --> Ford 150 Lightning Lariat, Agate Black
Occupation
Chiropractic Physician
Hello all!

I’ve had my Lariat ER for almost a month, and I love it. However, I’ve noticed a couple noises associated with starting/stopping.

This is my 1st EV, so if it’s a normal thing, let me know.

It doesn’t seem to do it when I get in it first thing in the morning.

Sounds like a weird combo of a squeak, a click, and suction? Sounds like it’s coming from the front right.

I don’t think it will come through on a recording, but will try later.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Our MachE brakes engaging or disengaging will make a noise I would never hear if I had an ICE engine operating and it's not loud but it the absence of a running motor and accessory belts and drives, we do hear it. On both our 2021 and the 2022, not sure if this could be your case as well. It's interesting how many more noises that you hear with an Eevee that are drowned out by internal combustion motor. Good luck finding the exact source.

OP
OP

chirocam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner --> Ford 150 Lightning Lariat, Agate Black
Occupation
Chiropractic Physician
Our MachE brakes engaging or disengaging will make a noise I would never hear if I had an ICE engine operating and it's not loud but it the absence of a running motor and accessory belts and drives, we do hear it. On both our 2021 and the 2022, not sure if this could be your case as well. It's interesting how many more noises that you hear with an Eevee that are drowned out by internal combustion motor. Good luck finding the exact source.
Thanks! It doesn’t sound sinister but it is off to me that it only happens when the truck has warmed up due to traveling

Sponsored

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Potentially when starting, but stopping too?
Just as @Regular150 mentioned regarding the Mach E. I have one as well and auto hold is on at stops. You definitely hear the brakes engage\disengage when starting\stopping because it is so quiet.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello all!

I’ve had my Lariat ER for almost a month, and I love it. However, I’ve noticed a couple noises associated with starting/stopping.

This is my 1st EV, so if it’s a normal thing, let me know.

It doesn’t seem to do it when I get in it first thing in the morning.

Sounds like a weird combo of a squeak, a click, and suction? Sounds like it’s coming from the front right.

I don’t think it will come through on a recording, but will try later.

Thanks!
Hi there, Cameron. This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have with your new F-150. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.