• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
So hold up, the charger Ford supplies with with the truck as part of the LR package you gotta pay nearly 2k more to get installed. What a crap deal with Sunrun.
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
So hold up, the charger Ford supplies with with the truck as part of the LR package you gotta pay nearly 2k more to get installed. What a crap deal with Sunrun.
The installation charge for the charger is what it is. We had to pay approx $2,400 to run the circuit from one side of the house to the other i preparation for the charge station. This will require two sets of permits and two trips by the electrician. In the long run, it was cheaper to do it this way because we got a winter discount of $400 off the original quote we were given. While it took about 5 hours to accomplish, the biggest cost was the wire for the 100 amp circuit. - and that cost is only going up.

Ford has made clear that while Sun Run is the “preferred“ vendor, you do not have to use them.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The installation charge for the charger is what it is. We had to pay approx $2,400 to run the circuit from one side of the house to the other i preparation for the charge station. This will require two sets of permits and two trips by the electrician. In the long run, it was cheaper to do it this way because we got a winter discount of $400 off the original quote we were given. While it took about 5 hours to accomplish, the biggest cost was the wire for the 100 amp circuit. - and that cost is only going up.

Ford has made clear that while Sun Run is the “preferred“ vendor, you do not have to use them.
Yes, this is correct.
SunRun quoted in person, $1200 labor & parts for just a charger installation (charger not included).

So my electrician is installing my L2 48A charger for $300 but that's because there is no conduit, no sub panel, no inspections/permits.

I am supplying the 48A charger and the electrician is supplying the 2 60A breakers and hard wire box.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
the biggest cost was the wire for the 100 amp circuit. - and that cost is only going up.
Aluminum wire is about $2.50-$3.00 per foot from Home Depot. The biggest cost for these installs by far is labor, not wire. I haven't seen the technical specs of the charger (are we sure these chargers exist?), but even if it's not cool with Aluminum, you could just pigtail it.

Sponsored

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Did you really expect installation to be included, either from sunrun or anyone else?
If ford is including the giant ass charger with the truck and they have an agreement to deliver and install from a vendor, yes, yes i do. If you order a truck with an accessory installed at dealer such as a bedcover, isnt labor included when you order it? Yes, the answer is yes.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aluminum wire is about $2.50-$3.00 per foot from Home Depot. The biggest cost for these installs by far is labor, not wire. I haven't seen the technical specs of the charger (are we sure these chargers exist?), but even if it's not cool with Aluminum, you could just pigtail it.
My electrician used #3awg MC copper wire.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
My electrician used #3awg MC copper wire.
Same here. I had three bids….all of the contractors said the cost of supplies is just plain nuts these days, sometimes changing daily. My lowest bid: ~$1,700. Labor: $750/day ($100/hr). Est time: 1/2-3/4 day. Cost of materials: ~$1,200

The bulk of the cost is the 26’ of Copper (#3) conductors and the conduit (no service or panel upgrades). I could have significantly lowered my costs by dropping the amperage of the circuit, and appropriately set the dip switches of the FCSP, but I want the higher charge capacity…….

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think they used approx 100 feet of which about 45-50 feet was just from where it was brought into the garage to get to the point on the opposite side of a two car garage and then to the location where the on/cut-off switch would be by the garage door.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
If ford is including the giant ass charger with the truck and they have an agreement to deliver and install from a vendor, yes, yes i do. If you order a truck with an accessory installed at dealer such as a bedcover, isnt labor included when you order it? Yes, the answer is yes.
I get you feelings on this, but that wasn’t what I saw advertised by Ford before I reserved and eventually ordered. Ford’s literature I read only said they would provide the FCSP…installation wasn’t mentioned…just the Charge Station. Ford has now promised $500 to defray installation costs to those with ER trucks received on or before 6/30 due to the delay in FCSP shipment…not part of the original deal….. Again, I get your thoughts on a ~$80-100k purchase, but it wasn’t in the ”paperwork” I read.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Installation is a construction project. I'd be unhappy if the cost to complete all these construction projects was loaded into my vehicle purchase.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
I get you feelings on this, but that wasn’t what I saw advertised by Ford before I reserved and eventually ordered. Ford’s literature I read only said they would provide the FCSP…installation wasn’t mentioned…just the Charge Station. Ford has now promised $500 to defray installation costs to those with ER trucks received on or before 6/30 due to the delay in FCSP shipment…not part of the original deal….. Again, I get your thoughts on a ~$80-100k purchase, but it wasn’t in the ”paperwork” I read.
Again as a dealership employee of Ford for 15 years, an accessory if sold as a package included installation. So you can decipher all you want. If they are going to have an agreement with 1 company on a truck that has the least amount of dealer markup %, and most internal company profit not dealer, and I can prove this on the invoice. If the ER includes the charged they should have included the install.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
That is the solar tax credit. The EVSE credit sunset 12/31/21.

OP
OP
KristovM

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
From the MySunRun app:
Ford F-150 Lightning SunRun Ford Charge Station Pro Installation Progress Report Screenshot_20220611-144858_mySunrun

Seems a bit behind as I've signed the customer agreement and permitting is in progress.
Sponsored