• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
For anyone curious, I seem to be making some progress with the SunRun on getting the Charge Station installed. Initially I filled out the web form and SunRun contacted me. They came out to do a site survey on May 5th. Had to poke them a few times, but today I got the official agreement to sign, along with an installation cost quote of $1650 and tentative completion date of 7/2. Which is after my scheduled date to get my truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning SunRun Ford Charge Station Pro Installation Progress Report 1654713652488
Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
$1650 all in for 80amp install? Not bad honestly.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Don't forget the 30% tax credit on the install.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
That seems a little high to me, but I haven't priced it yet. It depends on how far of a run it is. It's not crazy though.

Does that include any required inspections?

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
OP
OP
KristovM

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That seems a little high to me, but I haven't priced it yet. It depends on how far of a run it is. It's not crazy though.

Does that include any required inspections?
I believe it includes all permitting, installations and inspections required.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I believe it includes all permitting, installations and inspections required.
But does that include running the 100 amp circuit from one side of a single family sized home to the other side as well as installation of the charger, or is it assuming that you have a 100 amp circuit where (or at least adjacent to) you will install the charger.

I know Sun Run would hate my county because they are very strict in the permitting and inspection process. They require a detailed load calculation as part of the permit processes.

run4tacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
But does that include running the 100 amp circuit from one side of a single family sized home to the other side as well as installation of the charger, or is it assuming that you have a 100 amp circuit where (or at least adjacent to) you will install the charger.

I know Sun Run would hate my county because they are very strict in the permitting and inspection process. They require a detailed load calculation as part of the permit processes.

From my discussions with them it includes a installation of the circuit with up to a 65 foot run

OP
OP
KristovM

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

My setup will have the charger on the same wall as my circuit panel and solar setup. Charger inside, panel outside. So there won't be much running to get to the charger location.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
From my discussions with them it includes a installation of the circuit with up to a 65 foot run
Just in the garage and to get from one side to the other where they put the 100 amp shut off was approx 50 feet. The garage is about 20 feet wide, it the cabling has to run up from floor level, across the ceiling and then Dow; the opposite wall. This is after it has gone across the length of the basement and u into the space between the first floor and the basement in order to make into the garage. All told, my charge was $2,400 and covers two sets of permits. One for the work already done and the secon for the charger when Sun Run decides to send it.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
My lowest quote accepted from my trusted electrician was $1,685 to install a 26’, 100A run from my 200A/240V existing Service Panel….I would say your quote is reasonable…….

Last edited:

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
High End Home Electronics
For anyone curious, I seem to be making some progress with the SunRun on getting the Charge Station installed. Initially I filled out the web form and SunRun contacted me. They came out to do a site survey on May 5th. Had to poke them a few times, but today I got the official agreement to sign, along with an installation cost quote of $1650 and tentative completion date of 7/2. Which is after my scheduled date to get my truck.

1654713652488.png
I installed my own Tesla Wall Connector and I will install my own Ford Charge Station Pro. It is very simple.
Does Sunrun provide the Charge Station Pro?
I am much more interested in the installation of the $3890 interface that we can only buy from Sunrun, that allows our F150 Lightning to power our home.
Sunrun gave me a quote of $9800 to provide and install this device, which is rediculous and doesn't even include the upgrade panel they say I need (which I know I don't)

OP
OP
KristovM

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I installed my own Tesla Wall Connector and I will install my own Ford Charge Station Pro. It is very simple.
Does Sunrun provide the Charge Station Pro?
I am much more interested in the installation of the $3890 interface that we can only buy from Sunrun, that allows our F150 Lightning to power our home.
Sunrun gave me a quote of $9800 to provide and install this device, which is rediculous and doesn't even include the upgrade panel they say I need (which I know I don't)
They should be providing the CSP, but that is not completely clear. That is around the the price they quoted me as well for the Home Power Kit, but I think that also included the CSP install. SunRun has previously done my Solar power so they didn't say anything about a new panel for the CSP.

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
They should be providing the CSP, but that is not completely clear. That is around the the price they quoted me as well for the Home Power Kit, but I think that also included the CSP install. SunRun has previously done my Solar power so they didn't say anything about a new panel for the CSP.
How did you like SunRun for your solar?

I’m considering their offer to lease me solar panels, for a free HIS install. Thanks
Sponsored