• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync 4A - Are we stuck with deprecated technology already?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So here I am months later. Finally received my truck.

Guess what, as I fretted about in my first post in this thread; constantly pulling a fuse to reset the software so I can reach it via remote app. Ford if anything you're consistent with your user experience... You suck at software, put a damn reset button in your hardware ala 1992 PC Towers.

I'm actually seriously asking if there is a way to add a button like this that works with the fuse.
They proved they weren't competent enough to move to the new platform, which I predicted and you are correct, they still managed to screw the pooch. Way to go Ford.
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
The order guide and configurator are out for the 24 Ford expedition and it is still using Sync 4. Not a good sign for those wanting android automotive. My dealer said the 24 lightning order guide and configurator are delayed til October.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The order guide and configurator are out for the 24 Ford expedition and it is still using Sync 4. Not a good sign for those wanting android automotive. My dealer said the 24 lightning order guide and configurator are delayed til October.
I called this one last year. You notice Ford seems to be dead silent. They had to have scrapped the Android Auto plans last year. It made no sense to continue to try and retrofit that into the Lightning.

I'm guessing the new redesigned ICE might get it, who knows, but the Lightning will never see it. Just doesn't make sense.

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
Auto manufacturers pay for third rate software engineers and get corresponding results. They’ll never care enough to make great software because they are focused on making great cars. So the best you’ll get till a software firm makes cars (i.e, cars become a commodity compute platform like phones) is like Tesla.
Sponsored