• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync 4A Screen (Temporarily) Died

Ratherhavefun

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
CEO of Seemore and Dolittle
About 2 weeks ago, I was driving along and noticed that the Sync 4A screen turned all blue. My Lightning is a 2022 Lariat SR with about 3,000 miles. As I was driving within a residential neighborhood, my speed was relatively slow and there were several stop signs. I further noticed when I slowed down for a stop, the screen then turned to an all black screen at about 15 MPH. After speeding back up from the stop, the screen turned all blue again at about 20 MPH. I managed to snap a few stills of the screen as I figured no one would believe this. I was within close proximity to a Ford dealer and decided to drive there for a service visit. When I got to the dealer, my force of habit had me unintentionally shut off the truck (I didnā€™t mean to do this, but it happened). The service writer looked at the truckā€™s Sync 4A Screen and seeing that it was off, pressed the start button and the Sync screen returned to look as normal as it should. They kept the truck for the afternoon and reported nothing wrong and no coded appeared within the truckā€™s history fault codes. Since that day, I have not had this happen again. My question is, has anyone experienced this before and how many times? Iā€™m kind of afraid that this could happen again.

Ford F-150 Lightning Sync 4A Screen (Temporarily) Died IMG_0948

Ford F-150 Lightning Sync 4A Screen (Temporarily) Died IMG_0949

Ford F-150 Lightning Sync 4A Screen (Temporarily) Died IMG_0950

Ford F-150 Lightning Sync 4A Screen (Temporarily) Died IMG_0951
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I had a total black screen once on my old Mach-E, but never anything like that where there's a split screen and blue on top.

What's interesting to me is that it's not all blue or as it was with my Mach-E, all black. That means that the screen itself is working, and there are multiple parts of the software that control different zones... and one part must need a reboot. Like most things, a reboot generally fixes software problems like that.

On the Mach-E Sync 4A system, you held the volume down and the skip button on the steering wheel for about 10 seconds.

Ford F-150 Lightning Sync 4A Screen (Temporarily) Died 1688055766287

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
On the Mach-E Sync 4A system, you held the volume down and the skip button on the steering wheel for about 10 seconds.

1688055766287.png
Same on the lightning, but the buttons are easier to press at the same time. They're far left and far right.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
For anyone with a 12 inch screen like me, it's the skip button on the wheel, and the physical power button on the dashboard.
Sponsored