• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FSCP just died

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yeah! Another issue. It seems my FSCP decided to die sometime today. Got home and plugged in and I keep getting an external charging error with a flashing red ring on the truck. The truck can charge successfully from the Grizzl-e we use for my wife so thankfully it isn't an issue with the truck. Tried power cycling the unit a few times, but that didn't help. No error lights on the FSCP - just a solid blue light.

I have a ticket open with Ford, but it is something the first line tech hasn't seen before. It shows online for them, but they can't soft or hard reset it remotely. I have been escalated to level 2.
Sponsored

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
Hopefully there is a quick and easy fix.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hopefully there is a quick and easy fix.
After almost 1.5 hours on the phone with Ford, it is now escalated to Seimens and they say they will get back to me within 8 business days. It's going to be awhile, especially with the holidays.

Thankfully we can share my wife's EVSE.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Ugh that’s not good. Did you try opening it up and doing a hard reset on the FCSP?

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ugh that’s not good. Did you try opening it up and doing a hard reset on the FCSP?
Didn't open the FSCP, but I killed the power from the breaker and forced a hard reset that way. Tried that 3 times.

Sponsored

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Didn't open the FSCP, but I killed the power from the breaker and forced a hard reset that way. Tried that 3 times.
I'm not sure that a power cycle has the same effect as opening up the EVSE and pressing the reset button

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Is it possible access control is preventing it from charging?

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm not sure that a power cycle has the same effect as opening up the EVSE and pressing the reset button
Maybe I will give that a shot if I can get to it when it is light out. It was dark and very cold when I got home from work today. No garage, so it is mounted outside on the front of my house.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Maybe. Ford tried resetting it but it wouldn't accept any commands from them. That is why it went to level 2.

Not really that familiar with how access control works. Honestly I wish it was just a dumb charger. Our Grizzl-e is so much easier.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah, I think the reset button is more extreme - you’ll likely have to go through the entire setup process again.

I made that mistake on my Ford Connected Charge Station once. But I don’t think it caused any error messages in the vehicle. The FCSP may be different.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Watching to see how this comes to a resolution.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
On the positive side , maybe the preconditioning issues you were having are due to the charger and not the truck ? Maybe ?

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
On the positive side , maybe the preconditioning issues you were having are due to the charger and not the truck ? Maybe ?
Also do you know if your FCSP is running the newest firmware ? I’m also in NY and it’s getting cold and my charger is also located outside so I hope it’s not a trend .

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Yeah! Another issue. It seems my FSCP decided to die sometime today. Got home and plugged in and I keep getting an external charging error with a flashing red ring on the truck. The truck can charge successfully from the Grizzl-e we use for my wife so thankfully it isn't an issue with the truck. Tried power cycling the unit a few times, but that didn't help. No error lights on the FSCP - just a solid blue light.

I have a ticket open with Ford, but it is something the first line tech hasn't seen before. It shows online for them, but they can't soft or hard reset it remotely. I have been escalated to level 2.
Hey there. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a look at your charger issues on my end.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Hey there. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a look at your charger issues on my end.
What's the Ford dealer gonna do about a charger that's hardwired and mounted on his house?
Sponsored