• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I know you don't get to see much, but this doesn't look like the complete overhaul Ford said they were going to be releasing by the end of the year. I still have my fingers crossed.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Another member posted about the Mach-E updates in an earlier thread.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m starting to get jealous of the Mach-E… all these improvements, while we sit and wait for months

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I’m starting to get jealous of the Mach-E… all these improvements, while we sit and wait for months
To be fair - we waited about 8 months before we got our first OTA update in our Mach-e, and that was only because it was forced by a recall. So far, the Lightning is getting more and faster attention than the Mach-e did.

Sponsored

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
The mach e has been out a lot longer. Unfair comparison.

I have received a handful of updates in my truck and I've only had it a month. The mach e was dead silent on updates for the majority of my ownership. These updates will make it to our trucks, and so far they're happening way faster and with fewer issues than the mach e.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
To be fair - we waited about 8 months before we got our first OTA update in our Mach-e, and that was only because it was forced by a recall. So far, the Lightning is getting more and faster attention than the Mach-e did.
I guess my point is that there is almost very little difference in Sync 4 and Ford Pass that these updates should hit the Mach-E and Lightning at the same time. The Mach-E has been out longer which should benefit the Lightning in the Sync4 front.

I can understand battery and other components specific to each vehicle taking time to roll out. There is no reason why our Ford Pass app doesn’t have the same features the Mach-E has or that our Sync4 systems still lacks You Tube’s, although I’m not sure if that has rolled out to all Mach-E’s yet.

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I guess my point is that there is almost very little difference in Sync 4 and Ford Pass that these updates should hit the Mach-E and Lightning at the same time. The Mach-E has been out longer which should benefit the Lightning in the Sync4 front.

I can understand battery and other components specific to each vehicle taking time to roll out. There is no reason why our Ford Pass app doesn’t have the same features the Mach-E has or that our Sync4 systems still lacks You Tube’s, although I’m not sure if that has rolled out to all Mach-E’s yet.
The Mach-e doesn't have these features yet. My wife's Mach-e and my Lightning are just about dead equal when it comes to Sync 4 at this point.

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
I have had Mach-E for two years, lightning for 5 months. First year of OTA for Mach-E was a dumpster fire. they broke more things then they fixed or added. be grateful Ford isn't beta testing live lightning's like they did Mustangs. There are far worse things than delayed functionality and features. Back In May for about 76 hours I, and Ford service, thought they had OTA bricked my Mach-E. they had to do a complete system reset.

I Can't have that nonsense now that we don't have a spare car to get to work. Take your time ford! Get this stuff right. Particularly when an OTA update can create the week from hell.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
As a software developer, it always seemed odd that they didn't take advantage of the physical dial for more than just volume.

I always hated adjusting the seat and cabin temperature by sliding my finger when there's a perfectly intuitive dial they could use for that sitting right there on the screen.
Sponsored