• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

System off to save battery alert

sicamoose

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Self employed
Anyone suddenly get this alert? Always after I turn off vehicle, before I open door to exit.

Lasted a few days and now it's gone!?
Ford F-150 Lightning System off to save battery alert 1000032159
Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
It happens when the 12v battery is at a certain voltage / state of charge. For me when in this situtation, also the phone-as-a-key unlocking only works on the driver side.

I've noticed the 12v can get low enough to get in to this situation but not low enough that the truck charges it from the HV battery (it has to be pretty low for that to happen), or that it doesn't charge it enough.

I've charged my 12v battery manually and haven't had this situation in a while.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Theory: the truck was in accessory mode (start button on without pressing the brake pedal) for an extended period of time which drained the low voltage battery (LVB). Driving the truck charged it up and it's fine now.

Accessory mode uses only the LVB. However, when the truck is on it is charging the LVB even when not driving. You can charge your battery by turning your truck on and turning "walk away count-down timer" off.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Since learning how the 12v battery charges/discharges, I never use Accessory mode - there is no need. Simply turn the truck on and no problems. Benefit - Air conditioning.

Would be good if Ford would tweak the parameters to charge the 12v battery from HVB before it gets low enough to throw warnings. It's not like we don't have enough power in the truck ;-)

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I had the same message on Friday. Peculiar for sure. Though it might be related to software update but….
i cannot get those since June.

Sponsored

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 F150 Limited 14 Shelby GT500 22 Lightning order
Occupation
Retired
I would get that message in my 13 Limited all the time. Started happening after I had it for 3 years. Dealer would always say it was a low battery voltage warning, obviously. Yes would display and shut the accessories if in accessory mode too long like it should. But it would show up even after a 30+ minute drive. Dealer would ould always tell me I need a new battery. Yet their multipoint inspection would always say battery was good and truck started fine. They even charged me $30 once for a deepcycle battery test because I had an Interstate battery not a Motorcraft. Think in the 10 years replaced the battery 3x because of that.
I would also get the system preforming maintenance message displayed also constantly. I complained every time I brought the truck in for service. In the end dealer NEVERI found the problem. Just use to ignore it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had the same message on Friday. Peculiar for sure. Though it might be related to software update but….
i cannot get those since June.
Hey, Andrew! I can take a closer look into your power/save battery alert concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Just got my truck back from the dealer for the CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice. Module was not changed but software was updated. Now getting this error. Also noticed steering wheel heater was not working when it had been working fine till now. As others have noted, truck no longer "wakes up" upon approach and the screens and cabin lights do not activate until I push the start button.
I'm going to do a charge cycle and perhaps put my trickle charger on the LVB. If that does not clear things, I guess I'll be going back to the dealer.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I charged to 80%, then put the trickle charger on the LVB which showed 100% charge after only a few minutes. So clearly a low LVB was not the issue. I then followed the reset procedure as described by Mike G in post #1 here. https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...fix-a-problem-bms-learned-values-reset.15900/

Once done, all was well and all worked as expected. Thanks again to the forum members who make this site a valuable source of information
Sponsored