• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"System off to save battery"

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
Tonight I got a message on the screen that says "System off to save battery" when I turn the truck off and shut the door. I've only had the truck a week and the first to see this message. I did get update 3.5.2 this week. Has
anyone else seen this message before?
Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
My wife got that message in her Explorer before her battery died. Probably your 12v battery

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Tonight I got a message on the screen that says "System off to save battery" when I turn the truck off and shut the door. I've only had the truck a week and the first to see this message. I did get update 3.5.2 this week. Has
anyone else seen this message before?
If trickle charging 12V makes the problem go away, there may be a problem in main pack charging 12V.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
Did you have the truck plugged in when you got the down load? If not maybe it drained the 12 volt a little. If it goes away, I would not worry about it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It should go away as the HVB charges the LVB. If it keeps coming back, then it can mean that the LVB is bad, or got too low to charge, a d needs to be replaced.

Some Mach-E owners put their LVB on battery maintainers after acquiring the vehicle, but it should not be necessary.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomwilli2025

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for the comments. I put my multi-meter on the battery and the LVB checks out fine. Read 12.6 with truck off and 14.6 with HVB on. I did notice that the negative terminal was loose enough to move by hand so I tightened it up. Hopefully this will not continue to be an issue. I did read somewhere on the forum that others had loose negative terminals.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks for the comments. I put my multi-meter on the battery and the LVB checks out fine. Read 12.6 with truck off and 14.6 with HVB on. I did notice that the negative terminal was loose enough to move by hand so I tightened it up. Hopefully this will not continue to be an issue. I did read somewhere on the forum that others had loose negative terminals.
I’m betting that tightening the loose terminal solves your issue.

hihosilver

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat - SR - Oxford White - MaxTow
I just had this message this morning. I'll be checking those 12V battery terminals.

hihosilver

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat - SR - Oxford White - MaxTow
Everything was tight and in place. Unknown cause at this point and didn't get the message the following morning. Although I do have some gremlins. See my post about bizarre mileage being recorded on the trip log.
Sponsored