• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tailgate latching loud noise

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
I have a Lariat and when the automatic liftgate latches, it makes a loud metallic clank sound. This happened at the dealer and I asked to see if the other Lightnings do the same he asked us to drive around to the other side of the building where there were some parked. After driving around, we tried it again and the sound was gone and it was a soft click when latching. Now that it's home, it is again making the loud metallic clank sound. Anyone with the same issue?
Sponsored

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
My tailgate does this on my Lariat as well. It’s only sometimes and I definitely notice that after driving it, it tends to stop. I don’t know if sometimes its the way the truck is parked or if its something that’s getting in the way of closing but it makes a really loud metal clang just before the typical latching sound happens

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
This is a known issue with the power lift gate and how it is assembled. Good news is you can take it to your dealer and they will address it (and know how to) since it it covered by TSB 22-2327

OP
OP

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
This is a known issue with the power lift gate and how it is assembled. Good news is you can take it to your dealer and they will address it (and know how to) since it it covered by TSB 22-2327
Thanks! Apparently the sales guy didn’t know. Haha

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I had same issue with mine for the first month or so, then it magically went away. Sounded like a high pitched metal on metal sound at the moment it clicked shut.
Sponsored