• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Loud fan noise

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I noticed it does it persistently after a short drive, I can hear it from inside the cabin with the radio off, it drives me insane.
This is my truck while in RUN mode, just got back from afternoon run.
First it's just cooling pump, ambient cabin.

Then I bump up to HIGH heat, gets a little louder second wheel well check.

Then shut down.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/noykhDCRZi41fbzy9
Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I cant get it to stop, even with climate control turned off. Ford just called me and transferred me to their EV dept. Will come back with an update after the call.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Those that have the Max Tow package have two pumps if I remember correctly. One under the the center console, and one near the front trunk. Any loud whine could be a bearing issue in the water pump itself.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Funny side note, after testing yesterday, I finished with shutting down the truck with the HVAC system shut down. This morning I did a remote start, for no good..... the HVAC remains in the last state of operation, off in my case so the truck was cold as were the steering wheel and seats.

I'm wondering if some folks who are hyper miler experts end a drive with HVAC shut down, and this is a root cause of cold cabin on the next remote start or pre-conditioning request??

As far as sounds of the circulator pumps and AC compressors, my truck has had a consistent sound since day one, I'd call it "Normal" but YMMV based on sensitivity to unfamiliar noises or experiences with other EV's. In may case the Lighting is a heck of a lot quieter than a 2012 Powerstroke diesel.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
UPDATE: No leak was found on the AC, but they refilled the system, and added dye in case there is a leak. Sound is gone now. Gonna drive for a few days to see if anything emerges.

UPDATE 2: AC is definitely fixed. We're guessing the machine the other dealership used to refill the AC just failed. Truck AC is refilled correctly and working great now.
---------------

I searched, and didn't find anything.

Question: Do any of you have a loud fan noise on the EXTERIOR of your truck when the AC system is running (AC light OFF and even louder when AC light is on)?

Even with the AC compressor, I still have a loud humming on the outside.

I had another member match my settings, and his was perfectly quiet.
I just noticed the same noise today. I only hear it when I run MAX A/C (I think) but maybe it happens with regular A/C if I set the temp low enough. Until recently, it's been cold enough to not use the A/C at all since I got the truck. This will be the 9th defect that I'll have to get fixed.

OP
OP
kbuicker

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
New vehicles have bugs. It’ll get worked out.
I just noticed the same noise today. I only hear it when I run MAX A/C (I think) but maybe it happens with regular A/C if I set the temp low enough. Until recently, it's been cold enough to not use the A/C at all since I got the truck. This will be the 9th defect that I'll have to get fixed.
Sponsored