• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Loud fan noise

OP
OP
kbuicker

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
By all means I would agree and say that is not a normal noise at all. I'm hoping your dealer can find and diagnose it quick.

I could be the truck that @TaxmanHog was thinking of. Back in the summer when it was just 3 weeks old I received a code. I had AC issues with the Max Tow AC unit. It became a mess with my dealer - 3 weeks and they thought they had it fixed. Several weeks later the same code. The second time around they claim that the Schrader valve was leaking and believe they may have even caused it from the first go round.

I never had a noise quite like you've recorded however.

I'm in the Dallas area if there are items that could be compared or tested. I figure this spring we'll need to get a meet up and see how many trucks we can get together.
Sounds good bud!
Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Unrelated, but I have an incredibly loud buzz at all times outside of the truck, and you can hear it from inside the cab. Anyone notice this?

Not as loud like in the video clip, but same pitch.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Nope. Mind is dead silent most of the time. Occasionally you can hear a quite water pump like sound. I've only run the AC a couple of times since I bought it in the winter, but didn't hear anything then either and I'm sensitive to things that don't sound right to me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I can back my truck out of the garage when it's cold, and when the AC compressor kicks on it starts the noise. My truck is currently having trouble with the air conditioner, it's not getting cold in the cabin at all. When I hit the AC button, it starts the noise, when I turn it off, it goes away.

Today, when I got back from a shortdrive, the 'auto' was on, but the AC button was not pressed, and it started the loud fan noise then too.

I was hoping someone else might be dealing with same issue. I'm going to have the dealership check it out next week.
Hi Kevin. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Unrelated, but I have an incredibly loud buzz at all times outside of the truck, and you can hear it from inside the cab. Anyone notice this?

Not as loud like in the video clip, but same pitch.
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your noise concern on my end.

Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is the noise I hear everyday. This isn’t normal?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
This is the noise I hear everyday. This isn’t normal?
Noticed you have cabin heat set to 80° could be the circulator pump for cabin heating.
Try, turning the HVAC system off completely and see if the sound is eliminated.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Noticed you have cabin heat set to 80° could be the circulator pump for cabin heating.
Try, turning the HVAC system off completely and see if the sound is eliminated.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm doing a couple tests with my truck right now.

Started remotely to warm the cabin, initially just the contactors clicked on and the cabin blower is set to medium, very quiet so far in the first 30 seconds of the PTC warming up the coolant, pump might be time delayed.

I'll follow-up with sound check after 10 minutes, then press the start button to put the truck in drive mode and see if any more noises are heard and how they compare to OP's and Bewbies sounds.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Started remotely to warm the cabin, initially just the contactors clicked on and the cabin blower is set to medium, very quiet so far in the first 30 seconds of the PTC warming up the coolant, pump might be time delayed.

I'll follow-up with sound check after 10 minutes, then press the start button to put the truck in drive mode and see if any more noises are heard and how they compare to OP's and Bewbies sounds.
No pump sounds at all, outside temp is 40°, before pressing start I bumped the cabin temp to high, that increased the cabin blower speed to max. But no appreciable coolant pump sounds.

Started the truck to run mode, no extra pump noises, put on parking brake, then into reverse and drive, still no coolant pump noises. The truck has been sitting for 5+ hours since breakfast run, I'll recheck for sounds after a good ride later this afternoon/evening

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No pump sounds at all, outside temp is 40°, before pressing start I bumped the cabin temp to high, that increased the cabin blower speed to max. But no appreciable coolant pump sounds.

Started the truck to run mode, no extra pump noises, put on parking brake, then into reverse and drive, still no coolant pump noises. The truck has been sitting for 5+ hours since breakfast run, I'll recheck for sounds after a good ride later this afternoon/evening
thanks, it is the same sound i get while charging, except while charging is much louder. wonder if this could be because i have max tow.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I noticed it does it persistently after a short drive, I can hear it from inside the cabin with the radio off, it drives me insane.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
thanks, it is the same sound i get while charging, except while charging is much louder. wonder if this could be because i have max tow.
This is what my truck sounds like when charging in a garage with door closed.
It's always sounded like this, I've not feared that anything was wrong.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sqRrDrnQFwBR4bHX6
Sponsored